Town HallCurrently Open
- Address: Limmatquai 55, Zurich, Switzerland
- Phone: +41-432596811
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Heritage Building, Hall
The Rathaus dates back to 1694 and was the seat of the government till 1798. It is built on the Limmat River and the current structure replaced a 13th century court house. The town hall is maintained beautifully although visitors are rarely allowed inside. The ceilings are paneled and beautiful paintings adorn it. When the parliament is in session, it is possible to watch the proceedings from the balcony. It is worth enjoying the Renaissance building from the outside as well and if you’re lucky, from the inside.
Town Hall Travel Tips
- Photography is permitted.
- Building is open for visitors only on select days. Enquire before you visit.
- Handicapped accessible lavatories are there.
- Wheelchair is accessible.
- Guided tours on request are applicable.
Entrance Ticket Details For Town Hall
- Free entry
Town Hall Hours
- Monday: 7:30am to 12pm (Cantonal Council)
- Wednesday: 5pm to 8pm (City Council)
- Tuesday/ Thursday: Church Synods (sessions irregular)
How to Reach Town Hall
- By Tram
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zurich before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zurich and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.37% of people who visit Zurich include Town Hall in their plan
33.33% of people start their Town Hall visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Town Hall
57.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Town Hall