Urania ObservatoryCurrently Closed
- Address: Uraniastrasse 9, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 41-433171640
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Observatory, Family And Kids, Architecture
Urania Sternwarte is an open observatory in the Lindenhof quarter of Zurich, Switzerland. Urania's refracting telescope is provided with a Fraunhofer two-lens arrangement of 30 cm gap and central length of 5.05 meters, permitting maximal 600-fold amplification. The observatory offers guided tours – Moon, Solar System objects, stars, star groups, interstellar mists, and cosmic systems – and uncommon occasions for a wide group of onlookers, and additionally unique tours for schools and groups. The site provides a beautiful perspective of the city, Lake Zurich and the Alps. The Urania house has a restaurant and a Bar, as well. In the meantime, its area amidst the city of Zurich is a genuine issue, as light pollution of the city may hamper cosmic views.
- Costs per admission- Adults CHF 15, Adolescents 12 to 16- 10 francs.
- Kulturlegi / hour Ducks- CHF 10, Children 6 to 12- 5 CHF
- Entry is free for children up to six years.
- The tours start at 21.00 clock and take about 1 1/2 hours. The box office opens at 20.45 clock.
- Bahnhofstrasse Station: Trams 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, 14, 15 ; Buses N1, N6, N13
- Witschi's Restaurant & Bar – French
- Restaurant and bar on location
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zurich before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zurich and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.09% of people who visit Zurich include Urania Observatory in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
58.75% of people start their Urania Observatory visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Urania Observatory
57.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Urania Observatory
Observatory trip only held in German. Bummer for ones who don’t understand it. The entrance to the observatory is through a restaurant below. Elevator’s last stop takes to the observatory and a coffee place beneath. One can go up the elevator and enjoy the view of bahnofstrasse for free.
Such a nice and intresting place.
A great place to learn something about the universe. And in the middle of Zürich
The tour they offer is cool and informative but make sure you go when the sky is really clear.
Very cool place!