HIGHLIGHTS OF KANDY AND COLOMBO - 03 NIGHTS
OverviewColombo is the largest city and former administrative capital of Sri Lanka and is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern life and remnants of a bygone colonial era. Due to its large harbour and its Strategic position along the East-West sea trade routes, Colombo was known to ancient traders 2,000 years ago.
Know More about this tour
DAY 01: COLOMBO - PINNAWELA - KANDY
Meet greet and assist on arrival transfer to Kandy Visiting the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage en route. The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is one of Sri Lanka’s most popular tourist attractions. The orphanage’s population has now mushroomed to around 65, making it the world’s largest collection of captive elephants. The elephants here range in age from new borns to elderly matriarchs, and include orphaned and abandoned elephants, as well as those injured in the wild. Transfer from Pinnawala to Kandy. Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy.
DAY 02: KANDY SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast proceed on the city tour of Kandy. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kandy which is a UNESCO world heritage site. The historic city about 480m above sea level surrounded by mountains was known to Sri Lankan as Kanda Uda Rata, which means the hill country. Kandy was home to Sri Lanka’s last independent Kingdom, which survived two centuries of colonial incursion before finally falling to the British at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Visit the Temple of the tooth, the royal Botanical Gardens, and the Peradeniya University campus. Also enjoy a panoramic view of Kandy from upper lake drive. Kandy is also famous for its shopping, gems and jewellery, handicrafts, batiks, silks etc. And you will have the opportunity of browsing to your heart’s content. Early evening, you will visit a Kandyan Dance performance and be treated to a spectacular fire walking finale. Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy.
DAY 03: KANDY - COLOMBO – SIGHTSEEING
Breakfast at Hotel and transfer from Kandy to Colombo and enjoy a city and shopping tour of Colombo. Colombo is the largest city and former administrative capital of Sri Lanka and is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern life and remnants of a bygone colonial era. Due to its large harbour and its Strategic position along the East-West sea trade routes, Colombo was known to ancient traders 2,000 years ago. However it was only made the capital of the island when Sri Lanka was ceded to the British Empire in 1815. The main city is home to a majority of the Sri Lanka’s corporate offices, restaurants and entertainment venues. On this tour you will visit many of the historical, religious and commercial sites of Colombo including the historic and bustling Fort and Pettah, the elite residential Cinnamon Gardens, the Galle Face Green, Viharamahadevi Park and much more. Overnight stay at Hotel in Colombo.
DAY 04: COLOMBO - DEPARTURE
Breakfast at Hotel in Colombo and transfer from Colombo to Airport for your departure.
Inclusions for HIGHLIGHTS OF KANDY AND COLOMBO - 03 NIGHTS
- 03 nights accommodation in hotel.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as per above itinerary.
- Services of an English speaking chauffeur guide/driver.
Standard Hotels: Kandy: Senani Hotel 3* & Colombo: Hotel Sapphire 3*
Exclusions for HIGHLIGHTS OF KANDY AND COLOMBO - 03 NIGHTS
- Any Entrance fees.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Any other services not specified above.
- Video and Camera permits.
- Early check in & late check out at the hotels.
- Any compulsory supplement during the stay.
- Lunch & Dinners throughout the tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kandy Day Tour with Visit to Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Private Departure Transfer: Kandy City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Day Trip to Hiriwaduna Village and Sigiriya Rock Fortress from Kandy
- HILL COUNTRY TOUR - 04 NIGHTS
- Airport Departure Transfer: Kandy Hotels to Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Private Tea Tour to the James Taylor's Loolkandura Estate from Kandy
- Private Day Trip to Sigiriya and Minneriya from Kandy