HILL COUNTRY TOUR - 04 NIGHTS - KandyWrite a Review
Sri Lanka is a diverse destination with an amazing range of experiences for such a small island. The recorded history of the Island dates back 2500 years when an exiled prince from north India drifted into the shores of Sri Lanka to establish the first known civilisation here.
For a small island, Sri Lanka can boast of a diverse landscape of golden beaches, rolling hills, forests and lush tea plantations.
- The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- The royal Botanical Gardens
- The Peradeniya University campus
- Panoramic view of Kandy from upper lake drive
- A Kandyan Dance performance
- Nuwara Eliya
- City and shopping tour of Colombo
- Cinnamon Gardens
- Galle Face Green
- Viharamahadevi Park
Know More about this tour
DAY 01: COLOMBO - ARRIVAL - PINNAWELA - KANDY
Meet greet and assist on arrival transfer to Kandy Visiting the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage en route. The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is one of Sri Lanka’s most popular tourist attractions. The orphanage’s population has now mushroomed to around 65, making it the world’s largest collection of captive elephants. The elephants here range in age from newborns to elderly matriarchs, and include orphaned and abandoned elephants, as well as those injured in the wild. Transfer from Pinnawala to Kandy. Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy.
DAY 02: KANDY SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast proceed on the city tour of Kandy. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kandy which is a UNESCO world heritage site. The historic city about 480m above sea level surrounded by mountains was known to Sri Lankan as Kanda Uda Rata, which means the hill country. Kandy was home to Sri Lanka’s last independent Kingdom, which survived two centuries of
Colonial incursion before finally falling to the British at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Visit the Temple of the tooth, the royal Botanical Gardens, and the Peradeniya University campus. Also enjoy a panoramic view of Kandy from upper lake drive. Kandy is also famous for its shopping, gems and jewellery, handicrafts, batiks, silks etc. And you will have the opportunity of browsing to your heart’s content. Early evening, you will visit a Kandyan Dance performance and be treated to a spectacular fire walking finale. Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy.
DAY 03: KANDY - NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast at the Hotel, transfer from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya, visiting a tea factory and estate en route.
Nuwara Eliya meaning "the city of dawn" is the town at the highest elevation (about 2000m above sea level) in Sri Lanka and its tallest peak, Piduruthalagala (2555m) could be seen from here. The city established by the British in the nineteenth century, and known as "Little England" and is a popular holiday resort for Sri Lankans & tourists due to its cool climate and quaint colonial feel with its little bungalows surrounded by hedgerows. Nuwara Eliya is also the heart of the tea country and you can visit a plantation and a factory en route here and witness how the famous "Ceylon Tea" is brewed. Overnight stay at a Hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
DAY 04: NUWARA ELIYA - COLOMBO
After an early breakfast proceed to Colombo view the St Clair’s and Devon falls also visit the location where the Oscar winning movie “Bridge on the River Kwai” was filmed en route. Evening city and shopping tour of Colombo. Colombo is the largest city and former administrative capital of Sri Lanka and is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern life and remnants of a bygone colonial era. Due to its large harbour and its strategic position along the East-West sea trade routes, Colombo was known to ancient traders 2,000 years ago. However it was only made the capital of the island when Sri Lanka was ceded to the British Empire in 1815. The main city is home to a majority of the Sri Lanka’s corporate offices, restaurants and entertainment venues. On this tour you will visit many of the historical, religious and commercial sites of Colombo including the historic and bustling Fort and Pettah, the elite residential Cinnamon Gardens, the Galle Face Green, Viharamahadevi Park and much more. Overnight stay at Hotel in Colombo.
DAY 5: COLOMBO - DEPARTURE
Your holiday comes to an end today as its time to pack and check out of your hotel this morning. You are escorted to the airport in order for you to catch your flight back home. Hope you have had a great holiday!
Inclusions for HILL COUNTRY TOUR - 04 NIGHTS
- 04 nights accommodation in hotel with breakfast.
- Services of an English speaking chauffeur guide / driver.
- Transportation / Tour by air-conditioned vehicle as per above itinerary.
Exclusions for HILL COUNTRY TOUR - 04 NIGHTS
- International and Domestic airfare and Airport tax.
- Visa and Insurance Charges
- Meals which is not included in meal plan
- Optional tours which can be added additional if required.
- Personal expenses such as excess luggage fees, laundry, postage, communications, beverages, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in package inclusions.
- Any expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as bad weather, natural calamities (landslides, floods), flight delays, excess baggage, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, war, airline or hotel policies etc.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.