1-Day Auschwitz And Wieliczka Salt Mine Tours - Krakow
OverviewVisit two UNESCO listed sites in one day with an English-speaking tour leader. Explore Auschwitz, one of the most well-known concentration camps in the world, before continuing on to the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Learn about the history of both sites on this group tour of up to 30 people at Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum and up to 35 people at Wieliczka.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your hotel or the main meeting point by your English-speaking tour leader, then driven by air-conditioned minibus to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum.
You will visit Auschwitz I, the administrative center of the concentration camp, and Auschwitz II, which was designed and constructed as the extermination facility. Take advantage of visiting the place as one of the earliest groups entering the Museum - avoid the crowds. After visit in the first part - Auschwitz I - you will start the second part - visit in Auschwitz II - Birkenau.
After visiting the camp and learning about its history, you will be driven back to Krakow. In the city centre you will have a short break. Length depends on the traffic conditions, but don't worry - your tour leader will let you know when to be at the meeting point.
The Wieliczka Salt Mine tour starts at 8 Szczepanski Square from where you will be picked up. The underground trail in the Salt Mine will lead you through numerous drifts, galleries, and chambers where traces of mining activity have been preserved. You will also see examples of sacred art and theme compositions relating to the history of the mine. Wieliczka is one of the worlds largest mining heritage museums and includes a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages to today.
At the end of your tour, you will be returned to your hotel.
Inclusions for 1-Day Auschwitz And Wieliczka Salt Mine Tours
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only after re-confirmation)
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- English-speaking tour escort/host
- Professional English-speaking guides
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for 1-Day Auschwitz And Wieliczka Salt Mine Tours
- Extra fees for photography and filming
- Gratuities (optional)
- Start in Krakow
- Small Group tour in Auschwitz
- Back to Krakow
- Short break in the city
- Pickup for the Salt Mine
- Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour
- Back to Krakow
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
English-speaking representatives are at your disposal throughout the whole tour
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum cannot exceed the dimensions: 30x20x10 cm. Please leave your bags on the bus
Eating, smoking, taking photographs inside the buildings as well as acting in a loud manner are forbidden at the site
The temperature in the mine is a constant 59 degrees Fahrenheit (14 degrees Celsius), and therefore it is recommended to bring warm clothing even in the summer
There are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start
It is forbidden to smoke and use open flame in the mine
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wifi Everywhere in Krakow
- Krakow Airport Private VIP Round-trip Transfer by Mercedes Limousine
- Auschwitz and Birkenau Round-Trip Transfer Premium from Krakow
- Salt-Mine Wieliczka Round-Trip Private Transfer Premium from Krakow
- Polish Countryside and Tyniec Abbey Bike Tour from Krakow
- Krakow Chamber Orchestra Concert at St Adalbert's Church
- Krakow Balice Airport Round Trip Private Transfer
- Ojcw National Park From Krakow