1-Day Dali Baba Cooking And Cruise Tour
OverviewVisit Xizhou, a famous historical and cultural Bai minority town with well-preserved architecture. There you can make your own Xizhou Baba, a famous local snack. And explore Zhoucheng, the hometown of Chinese tie-dyeing. This Dali traditional dyeing process is unique in China and even the world. During your tour, you can experience minoritys folk customs and daily local life. Afterwards you will go on a cruise on Erhai lake.
Know More about this tour
Welcome to Dali, Yunnan!
In the morning, your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel (within Dali Ancient Town) and take you to the meeting point.
(Sometimes Dali Ancient Town doesn't allow cars to go into small places, in that case, we will meet at meeting point.)
Dive to Xizhou, visit the Xizhou morning market where you can see all kinds of local food, and see Bai-style traditional architecture. Xizhou is famous for its Bai ethnic and folk culture and its old and well-preserved traditional courtyards. It is not only a historically famous city but also an ancient economic hub along the tea-horse road.
Xizhou Baba is a local delicacy which in normal times you only can buy. But on this trip, you will be taken into a local folk house to make your own Baba. Xizhou baba is a baked pancake with a crispy crust and filled with two flavors: sweet or salty. The sweet one has rose sugar and brown sugar in it, the salty one is filled with meat.
Our next destination is Zhoucheng Village, which is called the Hometown of Ethnic Bai Tie- Dye Culture and where you will take a look around a traditional Tie- Dye factory. All tie dye products are handmade with natural materials and dyes. Bai tie-dyeing is a century-old technique in China and can be separated in two steps, Tying and Dyeing. Bai ladies need a lot of skill and patience to shape the patterns and the results are different for each tie-dye product. Here you can see the entire process with your own eyes.
Around noon, you will take a cruise on Erhai Lake towards Jinsuo Island a small fishing village. From there you can enjoy the view of the green Cangshan Mountain Range and the Three Pagodas, as well as observe lots of birds flying over the lake. After that, your guide will take you back to Dali Ancient Town, where this tour will end.
We wish you a fine trip to wherever you are off to next!
Inclusions for 1-Day Dali Baba Cooking And Cruise Tour
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Skilled driver and licensed vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for 1-Day Dali Baba Cooking And Cruise Tour
- Flight tickets
- Chinese visa
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tips for tour guide (not requested, but highly appreciated)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.