1-day Hiking Tour On The West Hill Island Of Tai Lake - Suzhou
OverviewHike around the island and enjoy the beautiful panoramic views of the lake;Realize the unique growth of Suzhou green tea;Explore the ancient village;Have the yummy lunch;Visit the Yuwang Temple;Taste the Biluochun Tea;Experienced English-speaking tour guide.
Know More about this tour
With an area of 2,250 square kilometers (869 sq mi) and an average depth of 2 meters (6.6 ft), Lake Tai or Lake Taihu is a large freshwater lake in the Yangtze Delta plain in China. The lake houses about 90 islands, ranging in size from a few square meters to several square kilometers and Xishan(West Hill Islan) is one of the biggest and most beautiful islands in the lake.
There are many well-known and pretty scenic spots some people may have visited or are familiar with in West Hill Island, but this time we have a really awesome place which is one of the 12 most wonderful islands to go in Suzhou.
Yinshan village lies on a crescent shaped island which has an area of less than 1 square kilometre and is home to dozens of households.Hiking around the island and enjoying the beautiful panoramic views of the lake will be really cool.
Biluochun,also known as Pi Lo Chun is a famous green tea originally grown in the Dongting mountain, and it is renowned for its delicate appearance, fruity taste, floral aroma, showy white hairs and early cropping.
Yinshan Village is far away from the downtown area so Biluochun tea growing there has little exhaust pollution and it is a pollution-free top grade green product. What's more,Biluochun tea grows with some fruit trees,so tea always tastes with fruity flavor.
We will also have the opportunity to explore the ancient village that has been dusty for hundreds of years and have a close look at the one-thousand-year-old cinnamomum camphora.
Lunch will be arranged at the local farmhouse and we will taste well-prepared local home-made dishes.
In the afternoon we will visit the Yuwang Temple in memorial of the Great King Yu taming the flood in Xia Dynasty.
After paying a visit to the temple everybody will taste the Biluochun tea and you will be told some unknown stories about the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom.
Inclusions for 1-day Hiking Tour On The West Hill Island Of Tai Lake
- Entrance fees
- Transport by private vehicle
- Afternoon tea
Exclusions for 1-day Hiking Tour On The West Hill Island Of Tai Lake
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for child aged 18 and under
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Suzhou Culture Tour 1 Day
- 1 Day Tea Picking by Taihu Lake in Suzhou
- Suzhou Highlights - Rickshaw tour and visit local family
- 1-way Transfer Between Suzhou Downtown and Shanghai Hongqiao Airport At Per Vehicle Pricing
- 1-way Transfer Between Shanghai Pudong Airport and Wuxi Downtown Per Vehicle Price
- 1-way Transfer Between Wuxi airport and Suzhou Downtown Per Vehicle Price
- Private Zhouzhuang Water Town Tour from Suzhou
- Private Garden Exploration Day Tour of Picturesque Suzhou