1 Day Nanjing Tour From Shanghai By Train
OverviewPay a visit to the Mausoleum of Dr. Sun Yat-sen, the forrunner of democratic relolution in China and the founder of the Rebublic of China.Stand on the Zhonghua Gate, the largest castle-style city gate in China, built at the same period as the Forbidden City.Meditate at Bao'en temple, the 2nd oldest Buddhist temple in China. Visit the Porcelain Tower of Nanjing, which inspired a lot of local and western travellers, such as Johan Nieuhof and Hans Christian Andersen and was listed as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. For the recontruction of the Porcelain Tower, the Chinese businessman Wang Jianlin donated 1 billian Yuan, which was reported to be the largest personal donation ever made in China.Take a leisurely stroll along Qin Huai River and Fuzimiao Temple area (Confucius Temple)Experience the fast trainTaste authentic food at a local restaurant5 star English-speaking tour guide (rated by China Natinal Tourism Administration)
Know More about this tour7:00 am, meet at the hotel lobby for the train to Nanjing ( the departure time is subject to charge due to the hotel location and the train departure time)
Take the fast train to see the Yangtze River Delta.
Arrive at Nanjing.
Dr. Sun Yat-sen's Mausoleum.
Dr. Sun Yat-sen is the forerunner of the democratic revolution in China and the founder of the Republic of China. Located in Zhongshan Mountain, the mausoleum was built from south of north along the axis line and gradually increased from low to high. Its also being awarded No.1 tomb of Chinese modern architectural history. Its a great place to learn about Chinese democratic revolution and modern history.
Zhonghua Gate ( the gate of China).
Zhonghua Gate is the largest castle-style city gate in China. The construction of the castle took 21 years, from 1366 to 1387. Zhonghua Gate was originally constructed to be a strategic military citadel composed of three enclosed courtyards connected by four arched entryways. Separating each courtyard is a set of wooden doors and a set of stone doors. The stone doors swing open up and down instead of left and right. It contains 27 caves built to store weapons and food. The battlements were able to house approximately 3000 soldiers at one tie. There were ramps at both sides and people can ride a horse to get to the city, which are fast tracks to transport military materials.
Baoen Temple (the Porcelain Tower of Nanjing)
Baoen Temple is the 2nd oldest temple ever built in China, right after White House Temple in Luoyang, Henan Province in 3rd century.The Porcelain Tower of Nanjing is a major part of Baoen Temple. Built at the same time as the Forbidden City in Beijing, although much smaller in scale, it took almost 17 years (much longer than the Forbidden city) to finish the construction. It was first discovered by the Western world when travelers like Johan Nieuhof visited it, sometimes listing it as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. After its exposure to the outside world, the tower was seen as a national treasure to both locals and other cultures around the world.The Porcelain Tower was destroyed during Taiping Rebellion period in 1850s. In 2010, Wang Jianlin, a Chinese businessman and real estate giant donated 1 billion Yuan to the city of Nanjing for its reconstruction. This is reported to be the largest personal donation ever made in China. In 2015, the modern replica and the park opened to the public.
Fuzimiao and Qinhuai River Area
Qinhuai River, a branch of mighty Yangtze Riverhas nursed the rich civilization of this area. The inner river of Qinhuai was once the red-light district throughout the nation in Ming and Qing dynasties. Today it's a flourishing riverside area with small shops, stores, restaurants and bars.
Inclusions for 1 Day Nanjing Tour From Shanghai By Train
- Professional guide
- Shanghai-Nanjing round trip train tickets (2nd class)
- Local lunch
- Entrance fees
- Air-conditioned car or mini-bus
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (hotes located within the middle ring road)
Exclusions for 1 Day Nanjing Tour From Shanghai By Train
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The departure and arrival time will vary based on the distance between the hotel and the train station and the availability of the train tickets.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shanghai Evening Walking Tour including Street Food Tasting and Huangpu River Cruise
- Private Shanghai Day Tour including Bund Yu Garden French Concession and Jade Buddha Temple
- Private Shanghai PVG Airport Layover Tour
- Private Tour: Early Bird Morning Practise with Sightseeing Tunnel and OTV Tower
- Private Tour: Evening River Cruise with Yu Garden Bazaar Night View with Dinner
- Half-day Shanghai Highlight Tour with Pickup at Hongqiao Railway Station
- Shanghai Yacht Experience on Huangpu River with Refreshments
- Shanghai Night Tour by Bike