1-Day Or 2-Day Hike To El Morado Hanging Glacier From Santiago
OverviewEnjoy a full day hike or 2-day hike to El Morado Hanging Glacier and Lagoon. Located at the heart of the Andes Mountains, you will truly enjoy breathtaking views and surroundings of peaks standing at 18,000 feet high. This is a medium difficulty hike including guide, lunch, hotel pickup and drop-off and park fees. It is a small-group hike limited to 8 people so you enjoy personalized attention. You can choose the overnight option and camp under the starry night. In winter when the path is snow capped, we will perform the trip with snow shoes.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All-inclusive tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourYour tour begins with pickup from your centrally located hotel in Santiago. Meet your guide early in the morning (around 8am) and head South through the city, turning East inside to Cajon del Maipo, a huge valley that cuts into the heart of the Andes Mountain Range. After a 2.5-hour drive through amazing mountain landscapes, we will stop at a parking. Here, you will receive a brief explanation before starting the hike.
We will begin our hike walking into a valley surrounded by peaks standing at 18,000 feet high and incredible snow-caped glaciers. Depending on the group's speed, we will get to El Morado Hanging Glacier and Lagoon after about 2.5 hours or 3 hours.
This hike has a medium level of difficulty and you will be provided with hiking poles if needed. At El Morado Hanging Glacier, you will enjoy a tasty lunch break and take some good rest and some pictures. Then, we will head back down the valley to board the vehicle back to Santiago.
The total round-trip duration of the hike is 5 to 6 hours and after a 2-hour drive back through the valley, you will be dropped-off around 7pm back in your hotel.
Inclusions for 1-Day Or 2-Day Hike To El Morado Hanging Glacier From Santiago
- Small-group tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- National Park fees
- Lunch box (sandwich, water, isotonic juice, fruit, granola bars & small chips)
- Hiking Poles
- Snowshoes (on winter, when needed)
- Medical Kit
- Satellite phone
Exclusions for 1-Day Or 2-Day Hike To El Morado Hanging Glacier From Santiago
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal health insurance
- Personal clothing (ask for recommended gear)
- Extra charge of 30 USD/person will be added if pick up is at airport
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 14 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Extra charge of 30 USD/person will be added if pick up is at airport
Physical and medical condition must be compatible with activity (When in doubt, please ask)
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full Day: The Andes Mountains Tour Valle Nevado
- 2-Day Private Tour Exploring Chile
- Horse Riding Tour in the Andean Foothills and Picnic in the Outdoors
- Private Adrenaline Tour Santiago
- Private Day Tour to Concon, Vina del Mar and Valparaiso Including Small-Group Surfing Lesson
- Private Coastal Horse Riding Tour in Concon and Via del Mar and Valparaiso City Tour from Santiago
- Private Full Day Tour to Concn Via del Mar and Valparaiso
- Santiago Local Life and Markets Bike Tour