1 Day Private Cultural Tour Of Sichuan Cuisine Museum And Dujiangyan - Chengdu
OverviewLying in Gucheng Town of Pixian County, northwest of Chengdu, Chengdu Sichuan Cuisine Museum, with neoclassical garden scenery in an occupied area of 27,000 m, boasts a reputation of National AAA-Grade Scenic Spot and stands out on National Level Three museum list. More than 6000 pieces of antiques and cultural relics are on display, narrating the amazing story of local culinary art, wine, tea and opera as well as its architecture specialties in Sichuan. The museum is also well-known as an eatable establishment and a name card for Chengdu tourism. By presenting visitors at home and abroad with a journey of cultural exploration and cooking class participation, the museum construction showcases the wealth of Sichuan culinary attraction to the world in an all-round way.
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourIn the morning, our guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel in Chengdu and drive about 1-hour to the Sichuan Cuisine Museum, which is the only cuisine culture-themed museum in the world. By visiting the collection hall, you can know basic information about origin, development and formation of Sichuan cuisine. After that you may participate in the cooking classes, your guide, a professional chef, will teach you how to cook three typical Sichuan dishes, so that you will gain firsthand experience of Sichuan cuisine cutting skills, heat control, and cooking processes, along with some private tips on food presentation. The chef will evaluate your dishes and show you the correct way to eat authentic Sichuan food.
Recommended menu: panda steamed dumplings, kung pao chicken, mapo tofu
For lunch, eat the dishes you have prepared. Then you will receive the Rookie Master Chef certificate signed by the chef, and take home with you the secret recipes of the dishes you have cooked.
14:0017:00 Chengdu half-day tour You can choose one or two scenic spots as your half-day tour in Chengdu
Option A: wide &narrow alleys
China's Lane (also called Kuan-zhai Lane, which literally means wide and narrow lanes), is a conservation of old architectural structures that have been implanted with modern decoration in a bustling Chengdu city.
Kuanzhai Xiangzi is one of the three key preservation areas in Chengdu. It consists of Kuan Lane (Wide Lane), Zhai Lane (Narrow Lane) and Jing Lane of which there are three parallelly arranged traditional streets and Siheyuan (courtyard houses). Meanwhile, it is an only area which recorded rich architectural and social characteristic feature about the residential building from Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) till now.
Option B: Jinli Street
Jinli Street, located to the east of the Wuhou Memorial Temple of Chengdu (the most famous Three Kingdoms period (220 - 280) relic museum in China) is particularly representative of this city. Strolling down the narrow street, you will find yourself surrounded by old-world stores selling Shu Embroidery, lacquer products, folk handicrafts, curios, or calligraphies and paintings of celebrities. All of these stores have their unique style but also have one thing in common: no matter how busy the place is, the stores are peaceful and relaxing. You can browse leisurely or purchase some souvenirs for your friends. Most of the special local products can be found here.
Inclusions for 1 Day Private Cultural Tour Of Sichuan Cuisine Museum And Dujiangyan
- Private air-conditioned car/van with driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Cooking materials and meal at the museum
- Entrance fee to the Museum
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Hotel Pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for 1 Day Private Cultural Tour Of Sichuan Cuisine Museum And Dujiangyan
- Personal expense
- Dinner and Drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Volunteer Day at Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Exclusive Panda & Kungfu Day Tour
- 2-Day Panda Base & Leshan Giant Buddha & Jiayang Train & Ancient Town
- 2-Day Private Tour Leshan Giant Buddha and Mount Emeishan
- Professional English Speaking Guide in Chengdu
- Exclusive Private Southwestern tour -Panda, Hotpot, Giant Buddha, Learn cooking
- Find out the green tea secret
- 5 Days Private Tour including Chengdu Pandas-Jiuzhaigou Scenic Spot and Huanglong Scenic and Historic Area-No Shopping Stops