Leshan Giant Buddha is the largest Buddha statue in the world. It is said the Buddha is a hill, and the hill is a Buddha. Tourist can walk down from his head to his feet. The feet provide the space for 20 people standing side by side! Also, the latest discovery shows another magical wonder: the whole mountain range is mimicking the Buddha sleeping on the bank of Minjiang River and the statue of Leshan giant Buddha is sitting right at the heart! You will also visit a tea house to enjoy leisure lifestyle of locals and watching them playing Majiang. This tour take you on a tour in Buddhism route by making full use of convenient public transit (bullet train).
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
Your guide will pick you up in the lobby of your downtown Chengdu hotel in the early morning around 7:30am to catch a bullet train ride to Leshan City, and then you will be transferred by private vehicle to visit Leshan Giant Buddha. Upon arrival, you will see the spectacular mountain range mimicking a sleeping Buddha, which explains an old saying of "Buddha is the hill, and the hill is a Buddha." Next, you will walk up and then down along the zigzaggingÂ mountain trails along the Giant Buddha, from it is head to shoulder, and from waist to feet. In front of the Buddha, you will see a fantastic view of the confluence of Minjiang River, Dadu River and Qingyi River.Â
In the afternoon, you will visit a local tea house along the river to experience the leisure lifestyle of Sichuan people. See the locals playing Majiang, the most popular game in China. Your guide will also teach you to play Majiang in the tea house. Afterwards, you will be transferred by private vehicle to the bullet train station to catch the train ride back to your Chengdu hotel where this tour concludes.
Inclusions for 1 Day Private Tour Of Leshan Giant Buddha Via Bullet Train
Entrance tickets (Leshan Giant Buddha Statue, including Linyun Temple and Wuyou Temple)
Ground transportation (Uber or Taxi services) between hotel and railway station
Bullet train tickets between Chengdu/Leshan/Chengdu
Service Charge & Government Taxes.
Insurance of accident and casualty per traveler up to RMB$300,000.00
Exclusions for 1 Day Private Tour Of Leshan Giant Buddha Via Bullet Train
Optional activities: the Cruise of Leshan is USD$12.00 per person to enjoy the front side of the Buddha
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.