Pokhara is fast becoming the place to visit in all of Nepal. Pokhara is clean, pleasant and just plain beautiful as you gaze upwards across the lake at the amazing snowcapped peaks of the Annapurna Mountains. There is no finer skyline in all of the Himalayas as what you can see of these magnificent mountains.
The Pokhara 1 Day Exploration includes the following places to see:
- Sunrise over the Annapurnas Rise before breakfast as your private car takes you to the top of Sarangkot Hill to watch a magnificent sunrise. The mountain peaks shift from grey to red to finally a brilliant white! Return to your hotel for breakfast after watching the sun perform its daily ritual of beauty.
- Ghupteshor Cave The Pokhara region is riddled with caves, but the most famous is the Ghupteshor Cave where there is an ancient Hindu temple deep within the earth. This is especially pleasant during the hot season.
- Davis Falls One of Pokharas most famous landmarks, the river roars over the falls as it enters a box canyon and then totally disappears underground! There is often a rainbow over the falls which makes for a magnificent scene.
- Tibetan Refugee Camp When China invaded the sovereign nation of Tibet, many of its citizens moved southward into Nepal. Here along the shores of Phewa Lake is a large Tibetan community where you will see authentic Tibetan culture and worship coming alive.
- International Mountaineering Museum A world class museum dedicated to not only the Himalayas, but all the mountains of the world as well as those that have conquered their high peaks. It is a truly amazing museum. You will be impressed with how this facility presents its information, leaving you with a greater appreciation for the people who not only climb these amazing peaks, but the peoples who call these mountains home.
- The Pokhara 1 Day Exploration is a full day of seeing the most important sights in this wonderful place. Included is a licensed guide along with your own private car and driver, making it very convenient to see these places at your own pace. Be sure to book the Pokhara 1 Day Exploration on your next trip to Nepal. Once youve seen Pokhara, you will want to come back again and again.