1-DAY SNOW MONKEY AND COUNTRYSIDE CYCLING TOUR - Nagano-shi
OverviewStroll through a scenic forest trail to the Snow Monkey Park where you get to see the Japanese macaques frolicking around. You will eat lunch at a restaurant nearby the Park followed by a cycling tour into the regional countryside and through a historic hot spring town.
- Visit to the Snow Monkey Park
- Enjoy the playful green season monkeys
- Have lunch at a restaurant nearby the Snow Monkey Park
- Breathe in the fresh air while cycling through the countryside and a historic onsen town
- Learn about local customs and culture
Know More about this tour
A great tour for the green season. This one-day guided tour takes you to see the world famous Snow Monkeys that reside in Jigokudani, followed by a lovely downhill cycle through the Japanese countryside and an old hot spring town.
We will meet you at Nagano Station at 8:45 am (the guide will be there by 8:30am). From Nagano Station, get taken to the Snow Monkeys in Yudanaka. The region’s snow monkeys are world-famous for their habit of soaking in the hot spring during the winter. These amazing macaques will let you get really close to them for some great photo opportunities.
After saying goodbye to the snow monkeys stroll back along the tranquil forest trail. Then you will have a lunch at a restaurant nearby the trail exit before getting your bicycle and heading off to the countryside and a traditional hot spring town.
Learn of the history and culture of the region while cycling past many panoramic sights. The cycling route takes you mostly downhill through farmlands and rice paddies, grape fields and apple orchards. Having seen your share of nature, we will ride to a town called Shibu Onsen, which has a history of over 1300 years with its hot springs. Here you get the chance to try local delicacies made by using hot spring sources.
The tour ends at Yudanaka Station where you can get the train back to Nagano, or before getting on the train, take a refreshing foot bath for free!
Meet up at Nagano Station under the East Exit information board opposite of the Shinkansen exit.
Welcome to the Snow Monkey area!
Walk for 30 minutes along a forest trail to the Snow Monkey Park where you get to enjoy the wild monkeys playing around.
Have delicious lunch nearby the Snow Monkey Park!
Leave the lunch restaurant and get ready to see the Japanese countryside on bicycle!
Start at the Snow Monkey Resorts Info & Gift Shop.
Arrive at Yudanaka Station and get on the train back to Nagano. No need to cycle back up the hill. The train leaves from Yudanaka to Nagano Station at 15:30. (Finishing time may vary depending cycling speed, taking photos, etc.)
Arrival back to Nagano Station.
Inclusions for 1-DAY SNOW MONKEY AND COUNTRYSIDE CYCLING TOUR
- Transportation fee from Nagano Station to the Snow Monkey Park and between activities/attractions
- Snow Monkey Park entrance fee
- Lunch (vegetarian/vegan options available. Please let us know beforehand)
- Use of bicycle/helmets
- A bottle of water, local delicacies
- English-speaking accompanying staff
Exclusions for 1-DAY SNOW MONKEY AND COUNTRYSIDE CYCLING TOUR
- Bullet train ticket
- Entree to hot spring
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.