1 Day Speyside Malt Whisky Tour From Inverness - Glasgow
OverviewThis is a tour for the whisky lovers. Travel into the heart of Speyside and experience whisky at its best. Whats Included? Benromach Distillery Tour & Tasting Speyside Cooperage Glenlivet Distillery Tour & Tasting Minibus transport (max 16 guests) Services of a professional tour guide
Know More about this tour
The Speyside Whisky region is centred around the River Spey. At 109 miles long, it is the fastest flowing river in Scotland (not to mention one of the great salmon fishing rivers). Its this river and its tributaries that form the heart of the Speyside region. Speyside is home to almost half of all the Scottish distilleries. These include the big names of Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and Macallan, as well as lesser known distilleries such as Craigellachie and Ballindalloch. Those first three alone make up over of the entire single malt market. In fact Speyside distilleries produce over 226 million litres of malt whisky every year.
We depart Inverness and journey to Benromach Distillery. This small independently owned distillery was founded in 1898 and produces just half a million litres of spirit a year.
We then continue south to the Spey, making a quick stop in at Macallan for photos and a look round visitor centre. Well also enjoy a photo-stop at Craigellachie Bridge.
Our lunch-stop is at Glenfiddich (own expense), there is time for look at Balvenie Castle or walk up to Dufftown.
Its a short drive down to the Speyside Cooperage for a chance to see the coopers at work. This is a must see in Speyside and youll be amazed at how fast the men build a cask. Over 150,000 casks are produced or repaired here each year.
Our final stop will be Glenlivet, In 2016 they hit a new record selling over 12 million bottles worldwide. This is something its
founder, George Smith (the first person to be awarded a legal licence to make whisky in 1824) would have only dreamt of when he first started making uisge beatha
Inclusions for 1 Day Speyside Malt Whisky Tour From Inverness
- Entrance fees
- Tasting and tour entrance
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for 1 Day Speyside Malt Whisky Tour From Inverness
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Shore Excursion - Inveraray Castle and Loch Lomond from Greenock
- Applecross Peninsula Day Trip from Inverness
- John oGroats and Duncansby Head Day Trip from Inverness
- Loch Lomond and Stirling Castle Tour from Glasgow
- City Sightseeing Glasgow
- City Sightseeing Glasgow 2 days
- Glasgow's West End Private Tour
- Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond and Whisky Trail Small Group Day Trip from Glasgow