1 Day Suzhou Private Tour Of TaiHu Lake And Silk Embroidery Research Institute
OverviewDuring this cultural sightseeing tour in the TaiHu Lake area in Suzhou, you will also visit ancient village ofLuxiang watertown. Located at the junction of Jiangsu and Zhejiang Provinces, Taihu Lake, the third of the five largest fresh-water lakes of China, is a beautiful national-level scenic spot as well as the cradle of the Wu and Yue cultures. Taihu Lake is has an area of 234 hactare (2,338 square kilometers). Amidst the lake are 48 islands. A compliment to beautiful lake scenery is Biluochun Green Tea from the Lake area which has been around since Ming Dynasty for more than 1,000 years. Its one of the most famous green tea varieties in China. Its exclusive because while most green teas use three parts of the plant, the bud and two leaves, Biluochun tea uses only two parts: the bud and the first leaf, which takes more tea leaves to make the same amount of Biluochun tea as other green teas.
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourIn the morning, you will be picked up by your guide and drive from Suzhou City for about 40 minutes to Taihu Lake. Visit ancient Village of Luxiang, whichis an old but very well preserved water-town with a history of more than 1,000 years. Luxiang is a town with a profound cultural background and achievement. From ancient times, it has been teeming with poets, painters, Confucian scholars, and government officials who have made great contributions to progress in many areas of the country. Dozens of stone tablets from different periods of time are preserved here, and many of the streets are named after their official titles. Walking through the alleys of this venerable water-town, one cannot fail to appreciate its pristine and intoxicating atmosphere.
Biluochun Tea from the lake area has been around since Ming Dynasty for more than 1,000 years. Its one of the most famous varieties of green teas in China. It is also exclusive because while most green teas use three parts of the plant, the bud and two leaves, Biluochun tea uses only two parts: the bud and the first leaf, which means that it takes more tea leaves to make the same amount of Biluochun tea as other green teas. Biluochun tea is ranked as one of the top ten Chinese teas with a strong aroma that comes from the mountain soil and the trees that grow within the plantations. Some claim that the sweet tea has healing powers as well.
In the afternoon, drive back to the city to visit the silk Embroidery Institute,Suzhou or "Su" embroidery is one of the oldest embroidery techniques in the world with origins stretching back more than 2,000 years ago. Suzhou embroidery was one of the first embroidery styles to be developed in China, yet its detailed needlework and intricate images are still produced today, a style characterized by brightly colored silk embroidered with well-proportioned and uncluttered representations of almost any pastoral scene, person, animal, or object. Examples of Suzhou embroidery were so detailed and intricate that many people used the pieces as artwork, and some of the oldest pieces still in existence date back hundreds of years. Afterwards, you will be transferred back to your Suzhou hotel where this tour concludes.
Inclusions for 1 Day Suzhou Private Tour Of TaiHu Lake And Silk Embroidery Research Institute
- Entrance fees
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for 1 Day Suzhou Private Tour Of TaiHu Lake And Silk Embroidery Research Institute
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 5 people per booking
Not recommended for child aged 18 and under
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Tour of Suzhou Gardens
- Private Leisure Day Tour in Suzhou
- Private Day Tour: Gardens and Old Street in Suzhou with Hotel or Railway Station Transfer
- Museum and Garden in Oriental Venice
- One-Day Suzhou Highlight Tour
- Private Suzhou Day Tour of Lingering Garden and Tongli Water Town
- 1-way Private Transfer Between Suzhou Downtown and Shanghai Pudong Airport At Per Vehicle Pricing