1-DAY TOUR IN NAGANO: SNOW MONKEYS, ZENKO-JI TEMPLE, AND SAKE - Nagano-shiWrite a Review
See two of the top attractions near Nagano on this 8-hour excursion, including a visit to the area’s famous snow monkeys, a stop at the serene Zenko-ji temple and lunch. Check out the tranquil grounds of Zenko-ji, a lovely religious site known for its historic Buddhist statue. Enjoy a break for a tasty lunch before continuing along a beautiful forest trail to the home of the snow monkeys, a group of local macaques know for their willingness to live in the snow and bathe in the local hot spring. Your trip also includes a guide and transport between attractions.
- Take a day tour in Nagano to visit Zenko-ji Temple and the famous snow monkeys
- Explore the tranquil grounds and historic Buddhist statue at Zenko-ji
- Follow a beautiful forest trail to the home of the area's world-famous snow monkeys
- Enjoy a break for an included lunch
Know More about this tour
This tour will take you to see the most important attractions of Nagano City and the Yamanouchi area. You will take a scenic route to see the cutest monkeys in the world and afterwards spend time at the temple of Zenkoji and the bustling Nakamise shopping street, as well as having a sake tasting experience at the end.
Your guide will meet you at Nagano Station at 8:45 am and will lead you to the Yamanouchi region here you get to meet the Japanese snow monkeys. These monkeys are world-famous for their rare habit of bathing in hot springs during winter. When at the Park, the snow monkeys will let you get really close to them for some great photo opportunities. After saying goodbye to the snow monkeys take a stroll along a tranquil forest trail to the lunch cafe. After a delicious lunch you will get back on the road and head to the Zenko-ji Temple.
The temple of Zenkoji is famous for holding the first Buddhist statue brought to Japan. This has made the temple an important pilgrimage site with people coming from all over Japan to pray for their place in Buddhist heaven. Zenkoji Temple has a special energy, and welcomes people of all faiths and religions. The temple grounds have many hidden gems to explore, such as the dark tunnel which runs under the temple. Here you can allegedly gain enlightenment if you find the "Key To Paradise".
After exploring Zenko-ji Temple, the guide will take you to one of Nagano's most historic sake breweries where you get the opportunity to try several types of sake. Nagano is one of the regions in Japan with a very active production of sake. Clean spring water in combination with a climate suitable for rice production creates the optimal environment for high quality sake. You can find yourself a good souvenir at Nagano's beloved sake brewery.
You will be taken back to Nagano Station where the tour concludes at 5pm.
8:45: Meet with our guide at JR Nagano Station.
9:00: Get transported to the snow monkey park entrance.
10:15: Walk for 30 minutes along a forest trail to the Snow Monkey Park.
10:45: Arrival at the park. Enjoy your time with monkeys.
12:15: Have delicious lunch nearby the Snow Monkey Park.
13:00: Leave the lunch restaurant and get taken to the historically important Zenko-ji Temple.
14:15: See the sights of the Zenko-ji Temple. Enjoy some free time for more extra photos.
16:00: Visit a sake brewery and enjoy tasting different types of sake.
16:45: Get on the bus to JR Nagano Station.
17:00 Arrival back to JR Nagano Station.
Inclusions for 1-DAY TOUR IN NAGANO: SNOW MONKEYS, ZENKO-JI TEMPLE, AND SAKE
- Transportation fee from Nagano to the Snow Monkey Park and between activities/attractions
- Snow Monkey Park entrance fee
- Lunch (vegetarian options are available, please let us know beforehand)
- Sake tasting
- English-speaking guide
Exclusions for 1-DAY TOUR IN NAGANO: SNOW MONKEYS, ZENKO-JI TEMPLE, AND SAKE
- Bullet train tickets
- Fee to the attraction in Zenko-ji Temple
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.