1-Day Tour Of Historical Villages And Lake Togo - Lome
OverviewVenture outside the Capital Lome on a full day guided driving, walking and sailing tour. You will visit three different villages and get to observe and learn about Togolese village life and interact with the locals. The historic village of Togoville is on the shores of Lake Togo, which you will cross by a traditional boat. The village of Agbodrafo where an illegal slave trade once operated is on the shores of the Atlantic coast. You will also visit Aneho, a picturesque fishing village, on the Gulf of Guinea.
Know More about this tour
Drive to Lake Togo on the coastal road. Sail across the lake on a pirogue (traditional dugout canoe) to Togoville. Set out on a guided tour of the village and get a taste of Togolese rural life. Slave traders once used Togoville as their point of departure for the Americas. Togoville is also the center of Voodoo in Togo. Sail back and enjoy a picnic lunch on the Atlantic coast at Agbodrafo. Visit the La Maison des Esclaves or Wood Home, the last stronghold of slavery on the Gulf of Guinea, and take a quick stroll through the village. Visit a picturesque fishing village in Aneho and perhaps enjoy a drink at sunset at this scenic seaside.
This tour requires a minimum of 2 people and include: a pick up and drop off at a local hotel or the Port of Lome (for cruise passengers), English/French-speaking guides, private car/van, activity fees and complementary bottled water throughout the tour.
Inclusions for 1-Day Tour Of Historical Villages And Lake Togo
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Pirogue boat ride
Exclusions for 1-Day Tour Of Historical Villages And Lake Togo
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 4-Day Tour of the Koutammakou UNESCO Heritage Site from Lome City (Togo & Benin)
- 2-Day Voodoo Tour with a Stay in a Remote Voodoo Village
- 1-Day Nature Tour of Kpalime and Hike Mt Kloto from Lome City
- 1-Day Adventure Tour of Kpalime and Climb Mt Agou from Lome City
- 5-Day Guided Cultural and Voodoo Tour of Togo from Lome
- 13-Days Guided Cultural Discovery and Adventure Tour of Togo and Benin from Lome