1-Day Tour: Snow Monkey, Fruit Picking, And Obuse Town Visit - Nagano-shiWrite a Review
OverviewIf you are looking for a completely Nagano experience then this is the tour for you. We will take you to see the snow monkeys of the Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park followed by a visit to a farm where you, for a fixed time, get to pick and eat all the fruits your heart desires. After you've had your pick of fruit we will go to historic Obuse, a town famous for their chestnut delicacies and for being the town where the famous artist Obuse spent his last years.
- Visit the Jigokudani Monkey Park and see the monkeys playing around.
- Enjoy lunch nearby the park.
- Ride your bike to a fruit farm and pick all the seasonally available fruit you’d want.
- Take a stroll through the historic town of Obuse and try some of their local chestnut treats.
Know More about this tour
Nagano is internationally known as the prefecture that hosted the 1998 Winter Olympics. Nationally though, the mountainous prefecture is mostly famous for their fruit and their monkeys. Japan is not rich in agriculture but Nagano has fruits and veggies aplenty. Especially the apples, peaches and grapes of Nagano are admired. The numerous fruits found in the area make it attractive for the Japanese macaques to be around. On this tour we will take you to see the Japanese monkeys in their hot spring and to a farm with all the fruit trees you might want to pick from.
We will meet you at Nagano Station and take the train from there to Yudanaka, the town where the snow monkeys reside. We still need to walk for 30 minutes to get to the Snow Monkey Park so please wear proper shoes. Having arrived at the park, you get all the time you need to stroll through the place and see the monkeys playing around. After you've seen your share of monkeys, we will head back down to a cafe for a Japanese lunch.
We will head on the road again after you have filled your belly. For fruit picking we will take you to Obuse by train. Obuse is a small idyllic town known as the town where the famous painter Hokusai spent his last few years and for their chestnut delicacies. We will get a bike here and ride to the fruit farm where you can pick and eat fruits that are available on the day of your travel. Available fruits would include peaches (August), grapes (September), and apples (September and October). At the farm you have an all-you-can-eat/pick fest for a fixed amount of time and if you want, you can take 2 peaches and 3 apples back with you.
* Please note that fruits are natural produce and the availability could be affected by the climate.
After you have filled yourself with fruit, we will ride our bikes to the center of Obuse where you can explore the town and maybe try some of their local chestnut specialty snacks. When you've seen the sights of Obuse, you will be taken back to Nagano Station where the tour concludes at 17:00.
8:45: Meet up with the guide at Nagano Station. The meeting point is across from the Shinkansen exit//entrance under the Information Board.
10:00: Arrival at Yudanaka (also called the Snow Monkey Town) and start walking along the forest trail to the Jigokudani Monkey Park.
11:30: Start walking towards the lunch cafe where you will enjoy a Japanese lunch.
13:00: Head towards Obuse where we will ride a bike towards the fruit farm for fruit-picking.
15:00: Ride your bike back to the center of Obuse where you get to stroll the streets of the historic little town.
17:00: Arrival back at Nagano Station.
Inclusions for 1-Day Tour: Snow Monkey, Fruit Picking, And Obuse Town Visit
- Transportation fee from Nagano to the Snow Monkey Park and between activities/attractions
- Snow Monkey Park entrance fee
- Bicycle rent
- Fruit picking
- Lunch (vegetarian options are available, please let us know beforehand)
- English-speaking guide
Exclusions for 1-Day Tour: Snow Monkey, Fruit Picking, And Obuse Town Visit
- Bullet Train ticket
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.