1 Full-Day Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphange, Giraffe Centre,Karen Blixen Museum And Kazuri Beads Factory Tour From Nairobi
OverviewThis is one day city tour full of fun and wildlife activities. You will start by leaving your hotel in the morning and spending a few hours at the Nairobi National Park. The one and only park within a city in the world. Untill 10.00Am Then, you'll visit David Sheldrick Elephant orphanage, where young orphaned elephants are brought after being rescued and fed until they are mature to be released to the wild. This is strictly 1 hour Affair between 11.00-12 Noon Next, is a visit to the Giraffe Centre where you feed the friendly Rothchilds Giraffe Then, visit the Karen Blixen museum, the house in the movie out of Africa. Finally Kazuri's hand-painted ceramic jewellery is made in Kenya. Each bead is shaped from clay by hand, then kiln fired, hand glazed and fired again before being strung to make a necklace or bracelet. Started by Susan Wood back in 1975 to create employment for struggling single mothers,
Know More about this tourStart your safari at 6.30am to Nairobi National Park and get the chance to see more than 100 different species of animals including lions, cheetahs, leopards, giraffes, buffaloes, hippos, rhinos, zebras, gazelles, impala, elands, hartebeests, wildebeests, hyena, jackals, civet cats and many more. The animals are easy to spot and you should look out for the white and black rhinos in the park as they are a main item on your game driving experience. The lions will take some time to track but eventually you will find them. Hippos can be seen at the river or in some of the numerous manmade earth dams in the park. Cheetahs are mostly fond of staying in the large plains to the southernmost fringes of the park where plains game prey is plentiful and easy to catch. Leave the park after extensive tour at 10 am then head to David Sheldricks Elephant Orphanage, located on the edge of Nairobi National Park. Since its inception, the project has hand-reared more than 150 baby elephants that have been orphaned in the wild, often due to poaching. The orphanage helps to reintegrate these gorgeous creatures into the wilds of Tsavo National Park in the east of the country. Learn more about this fascinating venture and see the baby elephants being fed by their keepers. Proceed to Giraffe Centre. The centre has been ostensibly set up as a breeding centre for the endangered Rothschild giraffe, but now operates conservation/education programs for Kenyan school children. There is good information on giraffes available there, and an elevated feeding platform where visitors meet the resident giraffes face to face.
Kazuri's hand-painted ceramic jewellery is made in Kenya. Each bead is shaped from clay by hand, then kiln fired, hand glazed and fired again before being strung to make a necklace or bracelet. Founded by the late Lady Susan Wood back in 1975 to create employment for struggling single mothers, Kazuri now employs 350 local women. The workshop is still located where she started Kazuri 36 years ago in Karen on part of the coffee farm once owned by Karen Blixen of 'Out of Africa' fame. Karen, named after Karen Blixen, is a beautiful residential area just a few miles outside Nairobi located at the foot of the Ngong Hills between Kenya's bustling capital and the spectacular Rift Valley.
As every piece of jewellery is handmade, every one is unique. Many Kazuri styles are named after areas, tribes and other features of the Kenyan landscape; evocative names that resonate with the organic nature of the clay that comes from its earth. So a Kazuri piece is more than an item of jewellery, it's a piece of Kenya. Kazuri, which means 'small & beautiful' in Swahili, is Fair Trade.End the Safari and go back to your hotel by 3.30pm.With AN option OF AIRPORT DROP
Inclusions for 1 Full-Day Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphange, Giraffe Centre,Karen Blixen Museum And Kazuri Beads Factory Tour From Nairobi
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for 1 Full-Day Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphange, Giraffe Centre,Karen Blixen Museum And Kazuri Beads Factory Tour From Nairobi
- Entrance fees
- Nairobi national park $43
- David sheldrck $5
- Giraffe center $10
- Karen Blixen $12
- Kazuri Beads FREE
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
ADVICE PICK UP LOCATION
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 11 Days 10 Nights Bush and Beach Safari
- 3 DAYS PRIVATE SAFARI TO MAASAI MARA NATIONAL PARK AND KEEKOROK LODGE
- 3 DAYS PRIVATE SAFARI TO MAASAI MARA NATIONAL PARK AND AA LODGE
- WILD PHOTO EXPEDITION KENYA
- 2 Days Amboseli Safari
- 4-Days Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru Luxury Safari All Inclusive
- Lake Nakuru Day Trip From Nairobi
- Giraffe Centre and David Sheldrick Half Day Tour