1-Hour River Cruise Audio Guide (Prague)
OverviewLearn about Pragues history from the water
- Glide beneath some of Prague’s 17 famous bridges
- Spot the magnificent Prague Castle in the distance
- Experience the very grand and historic Charles Bridge from below
- View one of the world’s most astonishing gothic-style buildings
Know More about this tourThe 50-minute cruise begins with a reminder of Prague’s cosmopolitan heritage. It sets off from ech Bridge, which is the country’s only large Art Nouveau bridge. After that is the Mánes Bridge which owes its form to the Czech Cubist movement of the 1910s. It’s not all rarefied art though, if you pay attention you might spot a gargoyle or two on the Prague coat of arms.
You’ll bask in the atmosphere of the entire city and take in sites such as the Rudolfinum, a neo-Renaissance building from 1885 that is home to the Czech Philharmonic. You’ll pass the Franz Kafka Museum and of course you’ll spot Prague Castle in the distance. It would be hard to miss – it’s the largest castle in the world.
The highlight, though, is the Charles Bridge. Built by Charles IV in the 1300s, it’s one of Europe’s grand bridges. 621 meters long and 10 meters wide, it sits on 16 stone arches. Its Old Town bridge tower is considered to be one of the most striking gothic-style buildings in the world.
It has been the staging ground for many historic events and is where the city finds its grand and stately self: Bohemian kings proceeded along it on the Royal Route as they went to be crowned.
So, allow yourself to glide along the Vltava river and take in Prague in all its glory. Should you desire it (and you will) you’ll find a nice draught of pilsner to be had onboard!
- 20 March - 1 November: every half hour between 10:00 - 17:30
- 1 June - 9 September: every half hour between 10:00 - 17:30, plus extra hourly departures between 18:00 - 22:00
- 2 November - 17 March: every hour between 11:00 - 19:00
- Tram: 17 to Právnická fakulta (plus 5-minute walk)
- Metro: Staromstská (plus 10-minute walk)
All sales related to this product are final and non-refundable. In case you wish to cancel the reservation you will be charged 100% cancellation fees.
You Might Also Like
- Czech Spas of Karlovy Vary and Marianske Lazne from Prague
- Nizbor Bohemia Glass Factory Trip from Prague
- Small-Group Food and Beer Tour in Prague
- Private Round-Trip in Minivan: Prague Airport to Prague Hotel to Prague Airport
- Prague Running Tour: City Highlights And Hidden Places
- Private Custom Running Tour Around Prague
- Ghostly and Legends walking tour in Prague
- Laser Game in Prague