10 Days Of Southern Tanzania Highlights - Dar Es Salaam
OverviewThis is the part of Africa that is untouched and less explored, where the animals are shy and the sense of adventure is everywhere. It is a land of beauty, rare African wilderness and ancient mystery. Tanzania delivers exotic scenery, captivating cultures and breathtaking wildlife parks. It's the Africa that everyone should definitely experience at least once in their lifetime. Enjoy game drives, walking safaris, boat safaris, hiking and visiting local villages,
Know More about this tourDAY 1: DAR ES SALAAM TO SELOUS GAME RESERVE
Today you will be met and greeted in Dar es Salaam before driving approximately five hours to Selous Game Reserve Upon arrival you will go on a boat safari along the Rufiji RiverDAY 3 and 4: FULL GAME DRIVE
After breakfast, you will go on a full day game drive with a lunch box in hand. Selous boasts a large population of elephants, buffalo, hippos, crocodiles and the endangered wild dog
DAY 4 SELOUS TO MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK After breakfast, you will drive with a lunch box in hand to Mikumi for your overnight stay, an approximately seven-hour drive. Enjoy the scenery as you drive across the rough roads that define unforgettable safaris and the true traveler! Mikumi is a small wildlife jewel dominated by hills, plains and part of the famous Miombo Woodlands
DAY 5 MIKUMI TO UDZUNGWA MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK After breakfast you will drive approximately one hour to Udzungwa. Get registered at the main game area and then go for a walk in the dense rain forest to the Sanje River Waterfall. This hike will take three to four hours. Along the way you will explore the forest, the wonderful waterfalls and keep an eye out for the endemic red colobus monkey. When you arrive at the top of the 180m Sanje waterfall you will have the opportunity to relax at idyllic plunge pools and see the African violets growing in the spray zones
DAY 6 MIKUMI TO RUAHA NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast, you will drive with a lunch box in hand to Ruaha, passing local villages and farms along the way. You will pass through the Kitonga Hills, which are part of the Udzungwa Mountains. The road then follows the Great Ruaha River and then climbs the Great Rift Escarpment.
DAY 7 AND 8 FULL DAY GAME DRIVE RUAHA NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast, you will set out on a full day game drive with your trusty lunch box in hand. This park is home to one of Tanzanias largest elephant populations, which are estimated to number around 12,000. The park is famous for its lion prides, giraffe, grants gazelles and zebra. The great Ruaha River, which provides life to the parks residents, flows through the eastern side of the park and is home to hippos, crocodiles and a variety of birds such as racket tailed roller,
DAY 9 RUAHA NATIONAL PARK TO MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast you will drive approximately seven hours back to Mikumi. Mikumi is home to elephants, velvet monkey, baboons, giraffe, buffaloes, zebras, gazelles and many more.DAY 10 MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK TO DAR ES SALAAM
After breakfast you will drive to Dar Es Salaam, stopping for a hot lunch in Morogoro.Main Destination:Dar es salaamAccommodation:No accommodation but it can be arranged for extra cost (End of tour)Meals & Drinks:
Inclusions for 10 Days Of Southern Tanzania Highlights
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- 9 nights accommodation
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for 10 Days Of Southern Tanzania Highlights
- The listed price does not include a $X per person departure tax, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control.
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.