10-Night Sri Lanka UNESCO Heritage Sites Tour From Colombo
OverviewBook this special tour that takes you to all 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Sri Lanka - 6 heritage and 2 nature reserves. Visit the sacred city of Anuradhapura, the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, the sacred city of Kandy (Temple of the Tooth Relic), the ancient city of Sigiriya (rock citadel), the Golden Temple of Dambulla (cave temple), the central highlands (Horton Plains Park) and the Sinharaja Rain Forest.
- Ideal choice for families
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourDay 1:
Upon arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo, you will be greeted by your drive/guide and transferred to the hotel for check-in. If time permits, in the evening enjoy a city tour and visit the Independence Square, Galle Face Green, business district, some galleries and temples.
Drive straight to sacred city of Anuradapura, an ancient capital and a UNESCO Heritage Site. It is full of ruins of temples and monasteries monuments and are fascinating to explore.
Polonnaruwa an ancient capital and UNESCO Heritage Site. It is full of iconic buildings and remnants of a people from a bygone era that flourished under the rule of their kings and queens; temples, palaces, lakes, and monasteries.
Dambulla Rock Temple, a UNESCO Site and the most impressive of Sri Lanka's cave temples. It consists of five caves with painted walls and ceilings. Also visit another UNESCO Heritage Site Sigiriya Rock Fortress, the palace of 5th century famous for the world-renowned frescoes of the Sigiriya ''Maidens of the Clouds”.
Kandy is the last capital of the Kings before British took control of entire country in 1815, a UNESCO Site and also home to the sacred tooth relic “Sri Dalada Maligawa”. Visit the temple and then watch a cultural show in the evening. Enjoy a city tour to the lake and a local bazaar for handicraft and gem lapidaries.
Peradeniya Botanical Garden, originally a pleasure garden for the Kings. A paradise for nature lovers with flower beds, lawns, pavilions, and conservatories. Also stop by a tea estate and factory and enjoy trekking through the lush green tea plants. Learn how Pure Ceylon Tea is made.
Visit the Horton Plains National Park, a UNESCO Site, and enjoy the peak wilderness sanctuary contains the most extensive area of cloud forest still existing in Sri Lanka. The plains are popular for trekking and biodiversity.
Leave for Sinharaja drive downhill through tea estates, rubber plantations, rice fields, and lush green hilly landscapes. Spend the rest of the afternoon leisurely or enjoy a walk in rural village.
Sinharaja Rain Forest, a UNESCO Site, a biodiversity hotspot, a treasure trove of endemic species and is of a international significance.
Visit the Dutch Fort, one of the most popular UNESCO Sites in Galle. The main port in the west coast in ancient times and the center of Dutch rule in 17th century. The Dutch Museum and church are two famous attractions in Galle with Dutch hospital shopping arcade. Make a stop at a turtle conservation site and visit traditional mask and craft making workshops.
There is no itinerary planned for the day. After breakfast according to your departure time you will be transferred to Airport for your onward journey.
Inclusions for 10-Night Sri Lanka UNESCO Heritage Sites Tour From Colombo
- 10 nights accommodation based on twin/ double sharing basis
- Breakfast meals
- Luxury scenic train ride from Peradeniya to Nuwara Eliya
- Transport by air conditioned private vehicle
Exclusions for 10-Night Sri Lanka UNESCO Heritage Sites Tour From Colombo
- Entrance fees to sites
- Excursions fee
- Photography permits
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 6 people per booking
A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
Minimum age is 6 years
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
The tour includes climbing rocks, hiking, hours of trekking through hilly mountain, vegetation, waterways and jungle. Moderate fitness is recommended
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
Note 1: Although dinner is not included in this product, please note that, on December 24th, 25th or 31st, the Gala Dinner may be mandatory for most of the hotels in Sri Lanka and also approx. US$50 to US$150 per person additional surcharge may apply. The surcharge should be paid directly to the hotel. Please take it into consideration when planning your trip.
Note 2: During the Esala Perahera (Kandy Cultural Parade) period from August 8 to August 18 hotels in Kandy add an additional peak period charge to rooms approx US$30 to US$60 per room. This surcharge should be paid directly to the hotel. Please take it into consideration when planning your trip.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip to Galle: an Exotic Escape!
- Private Sigiriya & Dambulla Day Tour From Colombo
- Private Half Day Tour - Colombo Street Market and Street Food Experience Tour
- Beautiful Sri Lanka 5 Night and 6 Days Tour (Colombo-Sigiriya-Kandy-Galle)
- Vist To Adam's peak From Colombo
- Visit Sigiriya and Jeep Safari at Minneriya National Park
- Explore Sri Lanka's Rich Cultural Heritage
- AirPort CMB to Colombo Private Taxi 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van