12-Day Tibet Nomad Adventure - XiningWrite a Review
OverviewTibetan nomads on the roof of the world has a genuine and glorious culture that tells stories you have never heard. Book this tour and be a part of Tibetan nomad for 12 days. This is an adventure, traveling in the Tibetan diaspora of Qinghai and Gansu Provinces, packed with exploration of Tibetan traditional arts (the most famous Thanka painting in Rebgong or Tong'ren in Chinese), great monasteries such as Rongwu Gomchen (the mother monastery of other 36 in the region itself), Labrang Monastery (the best monastery preserving Tibetan Buddhism scriptures to date), Taktsang Lhamu (Lang'mu'si in Chinese), a memorable day of hiking in the nomadic region of Taktsang, trekking and camping near the romantic and holy Mt. Nyenpo Yurtse, visiting the most beautiful Qinghai Lake and many more.
- Airport transfer
- Breakfast included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourDay 1: Arrive in Xining
Upon your arrive in Xining Airport or Train Station, you will be transferred to Lete Youth Hostel and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure.
Day 2: Drive to Rebgong
Drive to Rebkong; Morning visits at Upper and Lower Sanggeshong Monasteries where you will see some of the most well-known thangka paintings and Tibetan traditional arts. In the afternoon, visit Gomar Stupa and Rongwu Gonchen Monastery. It is the mother monastery of 35 other monasteries in the region. Overnight: Homestay in Rebgong.
Day 3: Drive to Labrang
In the morning, you will drive 93 miles (150 kilometers) to Sanggchu (Xia’he) to visit Labrang Monastery. You can walk in the streets of Labrang and enjoy Tibetan market. Overnight: Baoma Hotel.
Day 4: Drive to Taktsang Lhamu
Drive 4 hours to Taktsang Lhamu (Lang'mu'si). Overnight: Medium Hotel.
Day 5: Hike
A day of hiking in Langmusi both by foot and horse. (experience horseback riding). Overnight: Medium Hotel.
Day 6: Drive to Shetso Lake
Drive to Shetso Lake via Machu County and camp by the Shore of Shetso Lake. Meet the Yaks and Nomad Crew to prepare Nyenpo Yurtse trek. You could also walk along the shore and wander into nearby mountains on your own. Shetso Lake is the most beautiful lake in the geo-park. The shores are carpeted with wild flowers unleashing intoxicating perfume aroma. You camp here for the first night. Overnight: Camp.
Day 7: Nyenpo Yurtse Trek Day 1
Average altitude for today is 13,255 ft (4,040 m). Walking distance is around 6 mi (9 km). Overnight: Camp.
Day 8: Nyenpo Yurtse Trek Day 2
Average altitude is 12,467 ft (3,800 m). Walking distance is around 6 mi (10 km). Overnight: Camp.
Day 9: Nyenpo Yurtse Trek day 3
Average altitude is 13,429 ft (4,093 m). Walking distance is around 9 mi (15 km). Drive to Jigdril or Machen County once the trekking ends around lunch time. Overnight: Medium Hotel
Day 10: Drive to Qinghai Lake
Drive to south shore of the Qinghai Lake. Overnight: Nomad Tent Camp near the lake
Day 11: Drive Back to Xining
Before driving to Xining, you will hike on Shala-pass 12,467 ft (3,800 m) for 1 to 2 hours where you will have a panoramic view of the Qinghai Lake and great scenery with animals and camp sites of Tibetan nomad herders. Drop in Lete Youth Hostel at arrival in Xining. Overnight: Lete Youth Hostel
Day 12: Transfer to Airport or Train Station
You will be transferred to the Airport or Train Station in Xining where the tour concludes.
Inclusions for 12-Day Tibet Nomad Adventure
- Accommodation as per itinerary (8 nights in a clean & neat hotel)
- Camping (3 nights on the mountain, near Mt. Nyenpo Yurtse)
- One-time horse riding experience (1 to 2hours)
- Yaks and local nomad support for trekking days
- Breakfasts and full board meal during the trekking
- Transportation (Mini Bus)
- Sightseeing entrance fee
- Professional Tibetan adventure guide
- Two bottles of mineral water per day
Exclusions for 12-Day Tibet Nomad Adventure
- Lunch and dinner except during trekking day
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Packing light during the trekking days. Leave unnecessary luggage with the staff in the car
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.