2.5-Hour Rione Monti Private Guided Walking Tour - Rome
OverviewExplore the historic Monti district of Rome with a 2.5-hour private, guided walking tour. Located on three of the sevenhills of Rome, the Monti district is one of the city's most charming and picturesque areas. As cars cannot navigate many of the locations in Monti, this tour is done entirely on foot. See the Basilica of Saint Peter in Chains, containing the relic of the chains that bound Saint Peter in Jerusalem, and Michelangelo's famous statue of Moses. Gaze upon the medieval towers of Capocci, Graziani, Milizie, and Grillo. See the Trajan's Market, the Suburra, and other precious churches, monuments and squares including Piazzetta Madonna ai Monti, the social and nightlife center of Monti. Your guide will be with you to point out other sites of interest including excellent eateries, shops, and markets.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMeet your professional guide at 3pm outside the exit of the Cavour Metro Station. Here you'll begin your walking tour of Rione Monti, one of the most charming districts in the heart of Rome, located only few steps away from the Colosseum and Piazza Venezia. Your local guide will bring you to the highlights of Monti district, showing you the main pointsof interest. Covering art and history as well as food and shopping, immerse yourself in the pleasant atmosphere of 'real' Rome. This area is famous in Rome for excellent family run restaurants and specialty stores.
First, see the medieval towers of the Capocci and Graziani families. Next, walk to the Church of Saint Peter in Chains. One of the oldest Catholic Basilicas in Rome, the basilica was founded by Empress Eudossia to preserve the chains that bound Saint Peter when he was imprisoned in Jerusalem. The church also containsthe statue of Moses, sculpted by Michelangelo for the funeral monument of Pope Julius II. It is one of the most admired artworks of the Renaissance genius.
Continue to the Piazzetta and the Church of Madonna ai Monti, that serves as the center of the district popular for social life and nightlife. Visit the market and some of Rome's most charming alleyways. Then reach the towers of Grillo and Milizie and see Trajan's Market opposite the Colosseum.
Using an Ipad and other visual tools, your guide will make the pastcome alive. If you choose, your guide can stop at some of thetop-rated eateries of the area including a famous pizzeria or gelato parlor so you might purchase snacks. Monti offers some great opportunities for amazing photos and picturesque views. There will be approximately one half mile (1 km) of walking; please wear comfortable shoes. Tour concludes at approximately 5:30pm in front of the Church of Saint Peter in Chains.
Inclusions for 2.5-Hour Rione Monti Private Guided Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Private tour
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for 2.5-Hour Rione Monti Private Guided Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Approximately a half mile (1 km) of walking is involved
A dress code is required to enter places of worship No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome