2 Day Guided Petra Tour From Tel Aviv
OverviewGo explore the wonders of Jordan on this two days long guided tour from Tel Aviv! The archeological site of Jerash, the high-contrast city Amman and the world wonder Petra are awaiting you next to stunning desert landscapes and captivating historical sites. Thanks to fully organized guiding and transportation from and to Tel Aviv, as well as a unique overnight stay in a Bedouin camp, you can enjoy Jordans treasures without limit!
Know More about this tour
For two days, youll get a chance to explore some of the worlds oldest and most fascinating archaeological sites on your trip through Jordan. Starting from Tel Aviv, youll board your air-conditioned minivan in the early morning and travel up north to the Sheikh Hussein Bridge Border Crossing.
Passing the countrys northwest, dominated by fertile and ever-changing green landscapes, your first stop will be Jerash. Go on a journey through time in one of the worlds best preserved Roman towns, strolling its perfectly designed theaters, colonnaded streets and vast squares.
Your next stop will be the capital Amman around 1.5 hours away. Its roots go all the way back to the ancient Roman settlement Philadelphia. From the impressive hilltop Citadel, featuring numerous Roman, Byzantine and early Islamic remains, past the bustling streets of Ammans commercial center, to the restored 2nd century Roman Theater that has been incorporated into the downtown area, the city is full of contrasts.
After lunch in a local restaurant, your route will take you to an authentic Bedouin camp near modern Petra. This is where youll enjoy a typical Bedouin dinner at the campfire andsleep overnight in a comfortable traditional tent. Alternatively, you can choose to stay in a nearby 3-star hotel.
Youll board your minivan again just after breakfast, and drive to ancient Petra. One of the new seven world wonders, Petra is the rose-red city half as old as time carved into the sandstone by the Nabataeans some 2.000 years ago. The tour starts guided through the Siq - the narrow gorge acting as an entrance corridor to Petra -, past the treasury and amphitheater, before youre free to continue exploring other impressive sites like the Royal Tombs or the Monastery individually. For lunch, youll meet up together again, before returning back to Tel Aviv via the Allenby Border Crossing.
Inclusions for 2 Day Guided Petra Tour From Tel Aviv
- Transport to all sites
- Complete Guiding
- All Entrance fees
- Overnight stayin Bedouin camp
- Custom-mademobileapp, packed with details, maps and photos about the destinations
- All Meals included (first day: lunch and dinner, second day: breakfast and lunch)*
- *Religious meal requirements (such as Kosher or Halal) are unable to be accommodated unfortunately on this tour
Exclusions for 2 Day Guided Petra Tour From Tel Aviv
- Total of 101$ border taxes. 86$ (incl. 31$ Israeli and 56$ Jordanian tax, payable in US Dollars, Euros or Jordanian Dinar) will be paid on the first day, 14$ will be paid on the second day for the Jordanian exit fee (payable only in 10 Jordanian Dinar).
- HotelUpgrade (available option in booking process)
- Travel insurance
- Tips (Similar to restaurants in the US and Europe, tipping is part of the culture and economy in the Middle East)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Money for border crossing and exit fee
Warm clothes for night
For most Western countries, no pre-arranged visa is required for this tour (it will be issued at the border crossing). However, residents of some countries need to apply in advance, please make sure you know about your country's visa restrictions. Also please ensure for your re-entry to Israel that you're eligible for a visa on arrival, or already have a multiple entry visa in advance.
For Israeli Citizens: Due to restrictions please note that this tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders. If you have an additional foreign passport, please get in touch with us prior to the tour for special border crossing instructions.
In case you're traveling by yourself, it is likely you will need to share a room with a person of the same gender, depending on the group size. For a single supplement of 80 ILS you can reserve a room to yourself (just notify us in your booking).
Please note that some sites may be closed or visiting times shortened during Muslim Holidays (especially Ramadan)
Kindly be aware that certain religious objects and clothes can cause issues at the border crossing. If you wish to bring such items, please consult with us in advance.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Negev Desert Private Day Tour from Tel Aviv : Beersheba Sde Boker and Mitzpe Ramon
- Private Day Tour: Sea of Galilee, Tiberias and Safed from Tel Aviv
- Private Tour: Masada and Dead Sea Day Tour from Tel Aviv
- Shore Excursion: Sea of Galilee Private Tour from Haifa Port
- Half Day Private Walking Tour of Jaffa
- Tel Aviv and Jaffa Tour
- Central Israel Wine Tour From Tel Aviv
- Northern Israel Wine Tour From Tel Aviv