Harbin International Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival open ceremony on January 5 and lasts for two months. However, exhibits often open earlier and stay longer if weather permits. While ice sculptures are erected throughout the city, there are three main exhibition areas:
- Sun island(Harbin Snow Fair): a recreational area on the opposite side of the Songhua River from the city of Harbin which features an exposition of enormous snow sculptures.
- Ice and Snow World(Ice Festival Harbin): an area open at night featuring illuminated full size buildings made with ice blocks of 2 to 3 feet-thick taken directly from Songhua River.
- Ice Lantern Festival( Harbin Lantern Show): ice lantern show is in the city, it is original one since 1964.
Itinerary (Attraction tickets are not included unless you choose All Inclusive Package upon booking):
Day 1: Sun island Snow Festival - Harbin polarland - Siberian tiger park -Ice and Snow World (L)
Pickup from your own prearranges Harbin hotel lobby at 9:00am to start your day from Snow Fair on Sun island, Harbin polarland ,and then continue to Siberian tiger park , at last go to Ice and Snow World. You will have 2 to 3 hours to explore Ice and Snow World and another 2 hours for snow sculptures.
Day 2: Harbin City Tour (L) Sophia Church-Ice Swimming Show - Songhua ropeway- russian town-Zhongyang pedestrain street-Drogon tower(Tongta)-Ice Lantern Show at Zhaolin park
After pickup from your own prearranged Harbin hotel, start your day with a visit to Sophia Church and then continue watching Ice Swimming Show , then Songhua river ropeway, russian town ,Central Street, Flood Control Monument Plaza, Dragon Tower (the first tallest steel tower in Asia), and Chinese ice lantern festival in Zhaolin park (the predecessor of the world of ice and snow with a twist). If you coming time is open, usually open at the end of December. if not open go to Wanda international ice lantern world.
Daily Lunch Options (choose one)
- Dumplings at famous Harbin local dumpling restaurant, Oriental King Dumpling or Happy Home Dumpling
- Tradition Charcoal-Burning Hot Pot (Tanhuoguo)
- Fish and Tofu Stewed in Iron Pot (Tieguodunyun)
- Northeast Pork Cuisine (Dongbeishazhucai)
- Manchurian Stew (Dongbeichaocai and Duncai)
Lunch Drink Options (choose one):
- Harbin Beer
- Soft drink