OverviewOn this 2 day joint tour you will visit the areas around Kanchanaburi made famous for its war history. You will visit the War Museum, Thailand-Burma Railway Center, War Cemetery, the Bridge over the River Kwai, Hin Tok River Camp and Hell Fire Pass Memorial. You will travel along part of the historic Death Railway train, visit a Mon Tribal Village and stay in luxury tented accommodation..
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourItinerary
Day 1 Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - Hin Tok River Camp (L,D)
At 6-6.30am you will be picked up from the major hotels in the Bangkok downtown area. You will then depart for your 80 mile drive west to the Kanchanaburi province.
You will arrive in Kanchanaburi around 9am and your first stop takes you to the Thailand–Burma Railway Center, an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand–Burma Railway. The fully air-conditioned center offers the visitor an educational and moving experience. Visit the Allied War Cemetery, a resting-place for more than 6,000 Allied prisoners of war (POWs). Stop at the world-famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs.
Around midday you will arrive at the Hin Tok River Camp and have lunch. Later that afternoon we visit the Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum which is dedicated to those Australians and other Allied Prisoners of War and Asian laborers who suffered and died at Hellfire Pass and elsewhere in the Asia Pacific region during WW2. Continue on from Hell Fire Pass following the natural trails to Hin Tok Station where a van will take you back to the camp.
In the afternoon you have the option to visit a local village and farm by bike before we settle in for the evening at the River camp and enjoy dinner.
Day 2 Kanchanaburi - Bangkok (B,L)
At 6am we will have an early start option by jumping back on your bike for a cycling trip over a hanging bridge to a temple to watch the monks early rituals and give them food. Cycle back to enjoy breakfast at the camp and check out at 9am.
After checking out you will take a long–tailed boat down the River Kwai to visit the local ethnic Mon Tribal Village. This is a pleasant journey followed by an interesting few hours understanding this local village. Have lunch at a local restaurant and enjoy the local specialties. In the afternoon, experience a ride on the historic Death Railway Train passing over an original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs. At this location you can really understand the harsh conditions the POW's would have gone through.
After the train journey, start your journey back to Bangkok arriving around 6pm and transfer you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for 2-Day Hin Tok River Camp At Hellfire Pass And Death Railway Tour From Bangkok
- Overnight accommodation in air-conditioned Safari Style Canvas Tent with modern facilities
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All service and room taxes, fees, VAT and baggage handling
Exclusions for 2-Day Hin Tok River Camp At Hellfire Pass And Death Railway Tour From Bangkok
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs or laundry
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the program.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are not included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are not included in the service and supplements will applied.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children under 2 are free, provided they do not occupy a seat
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.