2-Day Hin Tok River Camp At Hellfire Pass And Death Railway Tour From Bangkok
OverviewOn this 2 day joint tour you will visit the areas around Kanchanaburi made famous for its war history. You will visit the War Museum, Thailand-Burma Railway Center, War Cemetery, the Bridge over the River Kwai, Hin Tok River Camp and Hell Fire Pass Memorial. You will travel along part of the historic Death Railway train, visit a Mon Tribal Village and stay in luxury tented accommodation..
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Labelled as one of Thailands provinces for history and adventure, Kanchanaburi is drenched in travel possibilities. The knowledge that huge parts of World War II history remain visible up until today here has drawn an increasing amount of visitors to stay the night over, just to grasp the intensity and comprehension of what lies in store. One of the first glamping sites along the Kwae Noi River forms your base in gaining a deeper insight in the atrocities of war, seamlessly blending in with what can be described an overdose of nature, rivers and mountains. It is Hintok River Camp where you want to be when adding an adventurous flair in your overnight stay during this 2 days well-balanced undertaking, guided by local experts.
An early departure from Bangkok (between 06:00 and 06:30 hrs) marks the start of your 2 day venture in Kanchanaburi. The 130-kilometer drive, accompanied by a guide and driver in western direction sees you arriving at Kanchanaburi at around 09:00 hrs. We start the morning with visiting the interactive Thailand Burma Railway Centre, an air-conditioned display of the size, the working conditions, and those perished during the construction of this railway project during the 2nd World War. The nearby War Cemetery of allied prisoners adds a sense of reality to this morning; with over 6000 graves of those deceased during these years are meticulously maintained for all to wander around in silence. We continue making our way further towards the Hintok River Camp where we check in and enjoy lunch. Nearby the camp, the Hellfire Pass is one of the most significant reminders of what the POWs had to endure to get the project completed. Aside from a museum the walk through the pass brings certainly some emotions out of those with a keen interest learning of the hardship of thousands of soldiers. The afternoon ends with a ride back to your overnight address where we head out on mountains bikes to explore the region further and find yourself waving at playing children at one of the nearby village. Dinner and overnight at the Hintok River Camp complete the first day.Those willing to pay respect to the few monks that live around here, we can make a renewed biking trip for guests to give alms to these devote followers of the Lord Buddhas teachings. We will return before breakfast is served and pack your bags for check-out. From the tented camp, a long tail boat brings you to visit a local Mon settlement, located behind the famous Jungle Rafts. Our final part of the morning and afternoon includes heading down to one of the railway stations to take a ride over the original DEATH railway back towards Kanchanaburi. Lunch is included before the start of the rail journey. Wed expect to disembark the train after an approximate 1 hour and 20 minutes train ride where our driver awaits and brings you back in all comfort to Bangkok. Depending on traffic, wed expect to arrive in the Thai capital at around 18:00 hrs.
Inclusions for 2-Day Hin Tok River Camp At Hellfire Pass And Death Railway Tour From Bangkok
- Joined tours and transfers with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Accommodation (canvas safari-tents) in sharing twin/double room during the tour.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- All meals as indicated in the program (food only), starting from lunch on day 1 until lunch on day 2
- Train ride over the Death Railway on day 2
Exclusions for 2-Day Hin Tok River Camp At Hellfire Pass And Death Railway Tour From Bangkok
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
This tour is operated on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis only with English-speaking guide.
Depending on the number of guests on any confirmed tours, the correct type of car / mini-van/coach cannot be confirmed upon reservation. This also depends on the availability of accommodation.
Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 33 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
A minimum number of guests are required for this excursion to operate; many of our tours do not have limitations on group size, depending on the availability of seats and other factors. We regret that we are not able to communicate in advance about this.
We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
Check-in and check-out times are regulated by each individual hotel and in general (exceptions are available for which we cannot be held accountable), check-in time at hotels are not before 14:00 hrs as check-out times are before 12:00 hrs.
The safari-style canvas tents (4 metres x 5 metres in size) are equipped with modern toilet facilities and hot & cold shower.
This excursion includes obstacles of various kinds that may not make this excursion suitable for wheelchair users. The obstacles comprise of unpaved roads, small boats and cruise embarkation and disembarkation and insufficient facilities to provide a comfortable sightseeing tour.
Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues.
Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
Customers booking this this leisurely bicycle tour may expect some light hills, unequal terrain and/or some bike carrying along the way. A minimal degree of fitness may be needed to enjoy this excursion to the fullest.
It is of the greatest importance to follow the guides instructions during this event in paying respect to the local customs. This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply-spiritual encounter.
We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
Due to the absence of ATM machines and credit cards payment portals, we highly recommend to bring sufficient cash with you.
Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
Children under 2 are free, provided they do not occupy a seat
We regret to inform you that the Hellfire Pass Interpretive Centre (formerly known as the Hellfire Pass Museum) is currently closed for renovation, expecting to see completion by Q3 2018. The Hell fire pass itself and walk ways remain open for the public.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Foodie Experience of Historic Bangrak
- Experience SPA by Le Mridien Bangkok
- Private Tour of Bangkok's Multicultural Markets with a Local Guide
- Small-Group Damnern Saduak Floating Market Tour from Bangkok
- Private Tour: Bangkok's Grand Palace Complex and Wat Phra Kaew
- Half-Day Thonburi Klongs and Grand Palace of Bangkok