2-Day Jungle White Water Rafting And Embera Village Tour From Panama CityWrite a Review
Leave behind the exhausting noise of cities and escape to the stunning natural beauty of the Chagres National Park. This unforgettable adventure includes hiking, rafting, camping and a day trip to the indigenous village of the Embera in a small group. The Chagres River is virtually unseen in the trek trough the Chagres National Park due to the lack of access roads and protection against settlers. This part of the river, characterized by currents alternating with backwaters, is considered as class II, although several rapids are considered Class III by the International Classification of River Navigation. Although it's the natural habitat of big mammals such as tapir and jaguar, it is much easier to spot several others samples of the fauna, such as monkeys of the rainforest, sloth, river otter, iguana, tucan, and plenty of fish.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All-inclusive tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
1st day: The Chagres Challenge
Start at 5am after your picked and taken in an all-terrain vehicle from your hotel to the remote village of San Cristobal.
After enjoying a typical Panamanian breakfast, visit a campesino survival agricultural farm in the Chagres National Park.
Next, hike for about 2-hours up to Rio Piedras. This area is a Chagres River tributary, where you will get into your rafts and begin to float downstream, (Class II-III rapids) floating into the untouched jungles of the Chagres National Park. Keep an eye out for wildlife such as monkeys, sloth, river otter, iguana, toucan and fish.
From late February through early June you might have to hike all the way to the Chagres River (which takes 3-hours) because Piedras River might be to low to raft on.
After lunch, continue rafting further downstream passing an impressive granite canyon with some white water rapid action, and ending just before encountering Madden Lake where you met by a "piragua" (native wooden canoe equipped with outboard motor). Ride in the pirgua further downstream to visit an Embera Indian Village and the riverbank where you will spend the night.
2nd day: Embera Village
After breakfast, meet the villagers and learn about their customs, beliefs and legends.
These natives migrated to Chagres River banks more than 20 years ago, where they found the same habitat they were so familiar with in the Darien Jungles.
The Embera will display their crafts, dances and they'll invite you to their huts to appreciate the constructions and living habits of hut life.
Go to nearby areas ,in which you will appreciate their cultural adaptation to the jungle and river and enjoy the ride.
At the end of our journey, a "piragua" will take you to the nearest road where a driver will be expecting you and ready to bring you back to civilization, and to your hotel in Panama City around 3pm.
Who can come? Anyone from 12 to 70 years old, in good health, ready to walk for about an hour and a half through an irregular and muddy path. Minors must travel with a responsible adult.
What to bring? Swimsuit or a pair of short for navigating, sneakers or light boots with good soles, a cap, sun-block, a light jacket or windbreaker (in case the weather turns chilly), a towel and dry set of clothes for the trip back.
What to leave home? Any objects than can be deteriorated by water or valuables like jewels, cash, credit cards, etc.
Inclusions for 2-Day Jungle White Water Rafting And Embera Village Tour From Panama City
- Rafts and gear
- Camping gear
- Lodging and catering:1 night at tent/hut, 2 breakfasts, 2 meal, 1 dinner
- Professional guide trained in white-water navigation skills, first-aid and CPR
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for 2-Day Jungle White Water Rafting And Embera Village Tour From Panama City
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Eco Cruise On Gatun Lake
- Embera Indian Village
- Two Oceans In One Day For Certificate Divers From Panama
- Mi Pueblito And Ancon Hill Tour In Panamá City
- San Blas Guna Yala Tour From Panamá City
- Private Tour: Panama City In 1 Day
- Panama City And Canal Sightseeing Tour
- Biomuseo Admission Ticket With Lunch And Transportation
- Dive At The Sister Islands Of Panama: Taboga And Taboguilla
- La Arenosa Fishing Tour At The Gatun Lake Panamá