2-Day Kayak And Hike Adventure Package From Antigua
OverviewKayak and Hike Adventure Package includes everything you want from a Lake Atitlan experience. Savor the lake from the best perspective possible. Enjoy moderate level activities and explore the Mayan villages surrounding Lake Atitlan. Private or small-group. Family friendly.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourDay 1: Kayak and Hike on Beautiful Lake Atitlan
Departing from Antigua at 8am for a 2-hour drive to Lake Atitlan. The shuttle will take you to Panajachel, the gateway to Lake Atitlan. The road ends in Pana as you prepare for a boat transfer to Santa Cruz la Laguna and the Adventure Center. The north shore of Lake Atitlan has no road access, so all travel is by boat.
Your first day of paddling departs from the beachfront staging area. Start the day with a special blend of coffee and a light breakfast and begin your first leg of the excursion.
This section of the lake’s shoreline has dramatic scenery, passing the villages of El Jaibalito and Tzununa. You paddle along rugged cliff faces filled with exotic plant and bird life. You will have many up close encounters with Mayan men who fish from hand hewn cayukas as they have for centuries. You will feel privileged to share the lake with these proud fishermen who make Lake Atitlan so unique.
Take the opportunity to climb a cliff and jump into the crystal clear waters, or just enjoy a swim and sun. Pull into the bay and village of San Marcos and enjoy this unique paradise.
You will have free time to explore before gearing up for the next leg of the adventure.
The north shore of Lake Atitlan has no true road access, so you will be hiking along ancient paths that have been used by the Maya for centuries. You will view villagers going about their daily life, encounter farmers tending their corn and coffee fields, and see some of the most magnificent scenery in the world.
This rugged and remote section of Lake Atitlan has barely been touched by the outside world. The hike takes you several hundred feet above the ever-changing waters of Atitlan for breathtaking views of the famous volcanoes.
End the hike in Santa Cruz la Laguna where you can put your feet up with a cocktail at the lake's shore, watching the sun go down.
La Iguana Perdida Hostel is a short 10-minute walk from our Adventure Center, and provides the accommodations.
Day 2: Kayak and Hike on Beautiful Lake Atitlan
Your second day includes even more choices and levels of activity.
Start the day with a kayak paddle to explore another section of shore line. Hike up the secluded Pumpatin Canyon and see a much different tropical eco-system. The trail follows the Pumpatin River along cascading waterfalls, coffee fields, and very exotic plant and bird life. This canyon is rarely seen by outsiders, and we consider it to be our secret garden paradise.
Return to our Adventure Center approximately 3 hours later, have lunch, and prepare for departure.
We will be start heading back to Antigua at 4pm. The journey will be approximately 2-hour drive.
Inclusions for 2-Day Kayak And Hike Adventure Package From Antigua
- Overnight accommodation
- Option to add an extra-night (if option selected)
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Boat transfers
- Kayak rental
- Professional guide
Exclusions for 2-Day Kayak And Hike Adventure Package From Antigua
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private 2-Day Tour to Copan and Quirigua from La Antigua or Guatemala City
- Solola Market, Panajachel Cloud Forest and Mayan Villages from Antigua
- 2 Day Tour: Chichicastenango Market and Lake Atitlan from Antigua
- Full-Day Tour of Antigua City and Surrounding Villages with Lunch
- Antigua City Sightseeing Tour