2-Day Leshan Giant Buddha And Emei Mountain High Speed Train Tour - Chengdu
OverviewEnjoy this two days escorted tour from Chengdu to Emei Mountain (Emeishan) by high-speed train as well as Leshan Giant Buddha. You will visit Emeishan - Golden Summit (10,102 ft/3,079 m) and hike the poetic mountain trails from Wannian Monastery - Qinyin Pavalion. Stay overnight in Emeishan to soak up the serene Buddhist atmosphere. Apart from that, visit the 1300-year-old Leshan Giant Buddha and walk down the ancient red sand cliff road to appreciate the tallest ancient statue.
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Chengdu - Emeishan - The Golden Summit - Foot of Mt. Emei
Meet your guide in the hotel lobby, head out to high-speed train station either by metro or by car. (The type transportation is depend on the location of your hotel)
During this comfortable train journey (about one hour 20 minutes), you can mingle with locals and enjoy the idyllic landscape of the Chengdu countryside. On arrival, you'll take a tour bus to the highest parking lot in Emeishan--Leidongping (about 1.5 hours) and then hike 30 minutes to catch the cable car up to spectacular Golden Summit.
On the Golden Summit, you'll see a giant gold-plated bronze statue of Puxian Buddha (48 meters tall and weighing 660 tons), one of the tallest gold-plated Buddha statues in the world. Behind the statue, there are three magnificent buildings, gold, silver and bronze palaces housing even more exquisite Buddhist statues.
In the afternoon, take cable car and bus all the way down to the foot of mountain, and trek the hidden path along the spring to tranquil Fuhu monastery which is surrounded by dense forest.
Your day will be end by stepping into the back door of Baoguo Temple, visit this time honored monastery when all the tourists are gone.
Overnight stay at a comfortable 4-star standard Emei Zen Boutique hotel
Day 2: Emeishan - Leshan Giant Buddha - Chengdu (L)
Check out of your hotel in the morning for your 40-minute journey to visit the Leshan Giant Buddha, 71-meter-tall sandstone statue, built during the Tang Dynasty.
The Leshan Buddha is carved out of a cliff, facing the junction of three rivers. You will first climb 333 steps to the top of Lingyun Hill. On the hilltop, you will be able to see three rivers confluence in front of Giant Buddha, and explore Buddhist sculptures and murals inside of Lingyun Temple. Then, descend along the red sand cliff to view the phenomenal Leshan Giant Buddha from his feet.
If there was a long queue to go down to the feet of giant Buddha, skip the line, and take the river cruise to behold the panoramic view of Leshan Giant Buddha is recommended.
Then, your guide will take you on a local path which is less taken by tourist groups to an old fishing village and visit the over 2000 years old tombs and the elegant bridge over the river.
Before you head out to Leshan railway station, if time permit,our guide will show you around the old area of Leshan city.
Your guide will escort you either by metro or taxi to your hotel in Chengdu.
Inclusions for 2-Day Leshan Giant Buddha And Emei Mountain High Speed Train Tour
- 1 night comfortable accommodation near Baoguo Temple (base on 2 person sharing 1 room)
- 2 full day English-speaking private guide service
- Round-trip cable car ride in Golden Summit
- Entrance fees for Leshan Giant Buddha and Emeishan,Fuhu Monastery and Baoguo Monastery
- 2nd class high-speed train tickets
- Lunch on Day 2
- Ground transportation
- Tour bus tickets in Emeishan
Exclusions for 2-Day Leshan Giant Buddha And Emei Mountain High Speed Train Tour
- Single room supplement if 1 person occupy 1 room
- Personal expense
- Meals which are not included in the itinerary
- Emei Kungfu Show
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please provide all travelers' name and passport number upon booking for train ticket purchase
Early booking is highly recommended as the availability of the tour depends on the availability of high-speed train tickets
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, winter on the Golden Summit will be below 0 degree, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
1 night comfortable accommodation near Baoguo Temple (base on 2 person sharing 1 room)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Best of Tibet Tour from Chengdu by Air: Lhasa, Yamdrok Lake and Khampa La Pass
- Sichuan Opera in Chengdu
- 2-Day Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong National Parks Independent Tour from Chengdu by Air
- 2-Day Private Tour of Leshan Grand Buddha and Emei Shan including Monastery Stay
- Private Day Tour: Leshan Buddha of Chengdu
- Private Leshan Giant Buddha Day Tour from Chengdu with High-speed Train Transfer
- Half-Day Sichuan Cuisine Museum and Cooking Experience Tour
- 5-Day Small-Group China Tour: Chengdu and Shanghai