2-Day Loire Valley Castles Tour From Paris
OverviewDiscover some of the most picturesque villages on this 2-day Loire Valley Castles tour from Paris. Leave the city behind you and travel into rural France with your guide. Visit famous French castles such as Chteau de Chenonceau, Chteau de Cheverny and Chteau de Chambord. Explore the Chteau du Clos Luc, Leonado da Vincis final place of residence in the 16th-century. Admire the castles spectacular architecture and ornate interiors, and learn of their fascinating histories from your guide.
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
Know More about this tour
Depart from central Paris by air-conditioned coach and head through the Aquitaine countryside to the town of Blois in the Loire Valley, where the Royal Chteau de Blois awaits. Tour the beautiful castle with your guide and learn of the many French kings who once called it home.
Enjoy free time in Amboise for lunch, then discover the spectacular Chteau du Clos Luc, famous as the final residence of painter and inventor Leonardo da Vinci in the 16th century. Head on to explore the beautifully manicured Gardens of Villandry with your guide.
On the second day of your tour, enjoy guided tours of Chenonceau, Cheverney and Chambord three of the Loire Valleys finest castles. Marvel at the blends of architectural styles you see and admire the fine arches of the Chteau de Chenonceau stretching across the Cher River.
At the end of your castle visits, travel back to Paris by coach where your tour will conclude.
Inclusions for 2-Day Loire Valley Castles Tour From Paris
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Dinner on the first night, buffet breakfast and lunch on the second day.
- Overnight accommodation in a 3 star hotel
- Porterage service on hotel arrival and departure
Exclusions for 2-Day Loire Valley Castles Tour From Paris
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless option selected)
Day One: Paris – Château d'Amboise – Château du Clos Lucé – Gardens of Villandry – Tours (D)
Hop aboard your air-conditioned coach in the morning in central Paris, and head south out of the city to begin your castle country tour.
Travel through the Aquitaine countryside to the town of Amboise for your first visit — the Royal Château d'Amboise in the famous Loire Valley.
Continue onward to Amboise and enjoy a little free time in this attractive town for lunch (own expense). Afterward, take a guided tour of the nearby Château du Clos Lucé and the Gardens of Villandry, made famous as Leonardo da Vinci's final place of residence in the early 16th century.
Head on to the historic town of Tours with your guide, for your evening meal and first night’s accommodation.
Overnight: 3-star hotel in Tours
Day Two: Tours – Château de Chenonceau – Château de Cheverny – Château de Chambord – Paris (B, L)
After a buffet breakfast at your hotel, depart from Tours and head on to the spectacular Château de Chenonceau, widely considered to be among the very finest of all France’s castles. An intriguing blend of late Gothic and early Renaissance architectural styles, the castle dates back to the 16th century and its four archways span the length of the Cher River. During your guided tour, hear of Chenonceau’s interesting heritage from your guide and take in beautiful views out along the river.
Head on from the Château de Chenonceau for a guided visit of the magnificent 17th-century Château de Cheverny, first opened to the public in 1914. Cheverny is renowned for its ornate interiors, and its impressive collection of antique furniture, paintings, sculptures and tapestries is a joy to behold.
Depart Cheverny and head to the nearby Hotel Saint-Hubert for a farewell lunch, then conclude your tour through the Loire Valley with a visit to the imposing Château de Chambord. Constructed by King Francis I of France, this French Renaissance castle is widely considered one of the most impressive in the world and blends medieval building styles with classical Renaissance architecture to perfection.
At the end of your guided visit of the Château de Chambord, hop back aboard your coach for the 2.5-hour journey back to central Paris where your castle country tour will come to an end.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
There is a maximum of two people per room. Separate bookings should be made for each room required.
A single person can book with a 20 supplement
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour by Night
- Paris Pass Including Entry to Over 60 Attractions
- Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris Ticket: 1 Day 2 Park
- Luxury Evening Experience at Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Skip-the-Line Palace of Versailles and Eiffel Tower Tour with Hotel Transfer
- Green Paris - Ecological Visit
- Skip-the-Line Eiffel Tower Summit Entrance Ticket and Evening Illuminations Cruise in Paris