2-Day Luoyang Private Tour From Xi'an By High Speed Train - Xian
OverviewDiscover the rich cultural heritage of Luoyang on this 2-day private tour of significant historic sites. Learn about Buddhist art and history at the UNESCO-listed Longmen Grottoes and explore the Luoyang Museum to see various ancient relics from Chinas Zhou Dynasty. Tour the Museum of Luoyang Eastern Zhou Royal Horse and Chariot Pits, where significant remains are well preserved in underground tombs. Enjoy a kung fu performance at the Shaolin Temple and gain insight into this Chinese martial art. A private guide ensures an in-depth and personalized experience.Round-trip rail transport from Xian, overnight accommodation, one breakfast, two lunches and transport by minivan are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Multi-Day Trip
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Rail Tour
Know More about this tourDay 1: Xian Luoyang (L)After hotel pickup in Xian in the morning, youre transferred to the railway station to board the high-speed train for Luoyang. Your local guide greets you upon arrival and drives you approximately 30 minutes to the Longmen Grottoes, where many Buddhist sculptures are delicately carved in stone cliffs next to the Yi River.
Explore the site, including Fengxian Temple and the Wanfo Cave, each of which holds various ancient artifacts and features intricate decor. Afterward, youre served lunch at local restaurant.
Reboard the minivan and head to the Museum of Luoyang Eastern Zhou Royal Horse and Chariot Pits, where 400 tombs, 36 horse-and-chariot sacrificial pits, and more than 1,000 relics of the Eastern Zhou Dynasty (770 BC to 256 BC) were found preserved in perfect condition. Learn about the funeral custom of burying the royal horses and chariots, excavated in 2002.
Then, continue to the Luoyang Museum, exhibiting items and various folk art collections from the Zhou period, including exquisite bronze ware of ancient China. Tour the museum with your guide and gain insight into the rich heritage of the region.
Later, head to your comfortable accommodation to check in and retire for the evening. Your guide can recommend local restaurants for dinner (own expense).
Overnight: 4-star hotel in Luoyang
Day 2: Luoyang Xian (B, L)After breakfast at your hotel, enjoy a scenic 2-hour drive through gorgeous valleys, bringing you to the UNESCO World Heritagelisted Shaolin Temple a famous martial arts monastery and the birthplace of both kung fu and Zen Buddhism. Take a guided tour of the temple to see its impressive design, visiting Guanyin Hall, containing frescoes of fighting Shaolin monks.
Visit the Hall of Heavenly Kings, the Pagoda Forest, the Dharma Cave and the Martial Arts Training Center. Watch a live kung fu performance and witness an incredible display of concentration and skill, with stunts such as breaking a metal bar with bare hands.
After lunch at a local restaurant, your guide transfers you to the railway station in the afternoon. Youll return to Xian by high-speed train, where you are free to explore or return to your hotel on your own.
Inclusions for 2-Day Luoyang Private Tour From Xi'an By High Speed Train
- Hotel pickup in Xian
- Round-trip high-speed train tickets from Xian to Luoyang
- 1 nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Lunch both days and breakfast on day 2
- Bottled water
Exclusions for 2-Day Luoyang Private Tour From Xi'an By High Speed Train
- Drop-off at your Xian hotel
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Passport information will be required in order to book train tickets
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Customize Your Day in Xi'an
- Soul of Ancient Xian One Day Tour With Terracotta Army, Xi'an Museum, and Small Wild Goose Pagoda
- Private Tour of Xi'an Highlights with Banpo Neolithic Village
- Terra Cotta Warriors and Ancient City Wall Tour from Xi'an
- Airport Transfer: Xi'an Hotel to Xi'an Xianyang International Airport