2-Day Meteora Tour By Train From Athens
OverviewTrains are the most spacious and comfortable mode of travel in Greece. Join our two days rail tour to Meteora and discover the history of the Byzantine Monasteries, listed as UNESCO World Heritage monuments.
- Excellent value for money
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Round-trip train fares
Know More about this tourCatch the train to Kalambaka of 8:20 am from the Athens Railway Station and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the countryside. Arriving in Kalambaka around 1:30pm, our English speaking driver will be waiting you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to your hotel.
You will have the whole afternoon at to discover this picturesque small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the Meteora Monasteries. Why not visit the Natural History Museum of Meteora & Mushroom Museum. Meet the mushrooms and their rich variety of shapes and colors. Browse the collection and find information about the species that thrive in Greece. Dinner is included at the restaurant of the hotel.
Next morning, our guide will meet you in the hotel lobby to visit two main monasteries of Meteora and discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area. This morning tour will take you back in the dark ages and the story of the first hermits and monks who laid the foundations of what later on became the monastic community of Meteora. Learn which monastery was the first to be established and the true motivations behind the monks decision to try to climb the steep rocks of Meteora and to build there the monasteries.
After this morning tour, our driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time for lunch (not included). At 5:22pm the train departs from Kalambaka, and arrives at 10:15pm back to Athens.
Inclusions for 2-Day Meteora Tour By Train From Athens
- Overnight accommodation in 3-star or 4-star hotel (based on your choice)
- Breakfast and dinner at the hotel
- Local guide for the morning tour in Meteora
- Hotel pickup and drop off for the morning tour in Meteora
- Round-trip rail tickets
Exclusions for 2-Day Meteora Tour By Train From Athens
- Entrance fees of the Monasteries
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Athens
- Hotel accommodation tax
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts
You will receive an e-mail with the train e-tickets a few days before the activity
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Athens Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Private Walking Tour: Best of Athens
- Athens Greek Folk Dance Lesson with Dinner
- Greek Cooking Lesson with Walking Tour in Athens Central Market
- Private Tour: Athens Shopping Tour
- Early Morning Athens Marketplace, Acropolis and Parthenon Tour with Pastry Shop Visit