Day 1 Chengdu / Leshan / Emei
Pick up from your hotel lobbyin Chengdu between7:30 to 8:30. Board an air-conditioned tour coach bound for the famous Chengdu Research Base of the Giant Panda.
Spend several hours at the Chengdu Panda Base,learning about the staff's breeding and conservation efforts. Visit the research laboratory, the museum, the panda playground, the animal hospital, and the facility's beautiful lake.
Depart around 11 am for the tour's next stop, the Leshan Giant Buddha. Arrive at the world's largest stone Buddha around lunchtime, and immediately take a break for lunch. Your guide will be happy to recommend some area restaurants (own expense). The statue, dating from the Tang Dynasty, overlooks the confluence of the Qingyi, Dadu, and Minjiang rivers, and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Then you will take 40 minute coach to Meishan, a city at the foot of Emei Mountain.
Between 6:00PM-7:00PM you will be transferred to your hotel in Baoguo Temple area, situated at the foot of Mount Emei. Upon arrival your guide will take you out to the local food street for dinner. Some local restaurants will be recommended (own expense).
Accommodation: Days Inn Frontier Emeishan 3 star
Day 2 Emei Mountain
After hotel breakfast, start to explore Emei Mountain.
Take shuttle busto Leidongping, take cable car up to Golden Summit, visit GoldenTemple Palace and Silver Palace. The view on the summit is magnificent if weather permits.
Take the cable car down toLeidongping, change to shuttle bus to Wannian Temple.
The shuttle bus ride is organised by the Mount Emei National Park. Every passenger has no choice but to takethis shuttle bus. Pleaseask your tour guide totellthe driver to slow down. Thoughyour driver might knows every turn of the mountain road,safety is our first concern.
The Wannian Temple is the oldest surviving Temple on the mountain, dating in the 9th century. Its dedicated to the man on the white elephant, the Bodhisattva Puxian, who is the protector of the mountain.
You will take cable car down to Jieyin Hall, walk to Leidongping to take the bus to Wannian parking. Then you will walkto visit Wannian Temple. Take a lunch break here (own expense).. Your guide will be happy to recommend some area restaurants.
Hiking trail down the mountain
You willwalk down the mountain to Wuxiangang after lunch, passQingyin Pavillion. Take the shuttle bus from Wuxiangang to the parking lot at foot of mountain.
Mount Emei to Chengdu
Thenyou will take 50-minute bullet train back to Chengdu.Your tour will conclude at 6:30pm at Chengdu Bullet Train Station.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 2 Days
Departure Time :
Between 7:00am to 8:00am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Departure Details :
Your centrally located hotel in Chengdu, or , Sheraton Lido Hotel Chengdu, No.15,1st Section of Middle Renmin Road, Qingyang District, Chengdu (next to Chengdu Stadium), Pickup time from this hotel is.. read more
Cancellation Policy : This activity is non-refundable
This tour departs every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Make the most of your 2 days in Chengdu with our extraordinary tour that will take you to the popular Chengdu Panda Base, Leshan Giant Buddha and the sacred Mount Emei. Take bullet train from Emei to Chengdu on Day 2.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Day 1 Chengdu / Leshan / Emei
- Hotel Pickup from 44+ hotels in downtown Chengdu
- 1-night accommodation with breakfast at Days Inn Frontier Emeishan 3 *, based on twin share
- Escorted tour by English-speaking tour guide
- Transfers by air-conditioned company coach with expereinced driver
- Escorted walking tour at Chengdu Panda Base
- Option of an escorted walking tour along Leshan Giant Buddha is cancelled from October 8, 2018 to February 4, 2019 due to the environmental examination. The boat ride to see the Giant Buddha is still available.
- Escorted walking tour on Emei Mountain
- Admission tickets of Leshan Giant Buddha, Emei Mountain and Wannian Temple
- Shuttle bus service on Emei Mountain
- 2nd class bullet train from Meishan to Chengdu
- Lunch and Dinner
- Extra cost for optional photo opportunity with baby panda by request (RMB$2,000/person, proceed goes to Panda Research and Protection Program).
- Cable car tickets between Leidongping to Golden summit @ RNB120 round trips
- Gratuities for tour guide and driver (recommended)
- Accommodation in Chengdu
- Coach transfer from Chengdu railway stationback to your hotel in Chengdu
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour is a seat-in-coach tour, with a driver and a tour guide. You will share a coach with other passengers.
Your hotel information in Chengdu should be provided 48 hours before departure.
The pickup place is your hotel lobby. Or you will be advised a nearest pickup hotel to meet with your tour guide
Please note that pickup service is only available to guests staying at downtown Chengdu area.
If you live in the outskirt of Chengdu please go to Sheraton Lido Hotel Chengdu to join in this tour. The hotel pickup time is 7:50am.
The scheduled pickup time is between 7:00am and 8:00am. Actual pickup time will be inform after you inform your hotel information
Must be on time at meeting point. If you are late, your tour guide will go with other passengers without you.
No refunds for no shows or late arrivals.
A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable shoes
This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A minimum of 2 Adults per booking is required.
If you are a solo traveler, please sign up and pay for 2 persons at the beginning. You will get 50% refund if another passenger wants to hare a room with you. Or you will get full refund if no one wants to share a room with you.