2-Day Pingyao Private Tour: Ancient Town And Shuanglin Temple By High-Speed Train From Xi'an - Xian
OverviewThis private 2-day tour of Pingyao, led by a knowledgeable local guide, introduces you to Pingyao Ancient Town and beyond. See the old citys main landmarks such as the City Wall, with time to explore the famous Ming-Qing Street or other attractions on your own before a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Shuanglin Temple. A private tour ensures an in-depth, educational and personalized experience. Round-trip rail transport from Xian, overnight accommodation with breakfast, and transport by minivan are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Multi-Day Trip
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Rail Tour
Know More about this tourThis private 2-day tour by rail from Xian is just right for business travelers or someone on a tight schedule. With 4-star accommodations, an informative guide and some free time with a map in hand, its a great orientation to Pingyaos ancient culture, history and art.
Inclusions for 2-Day Pingyao Private Tour: Ancient Town And Shuanglin Temple By High-Speed Train From Xi'an
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip high-speed rail tickets from Xian to Pingyao
- 1 nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
Exclusions for 2-Day Pingyao Private Tour: Ancient Town And Shuanglin Temple By High-Speed Train From Xi'an
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:Day 1: Xi’an – PingyaoIn the morning, receive hotel pickup in Xi’an by private vehicle. You’ll be transferred to the railway station for a ride on the bullet train to Pingyao. A local guide and driver await your arrival at Pingyao station.
From here, begin your private sightseeing tour of Pingyao Ancient City at the City Wall, considered one of the ‘Three Treasures’ of Pingyao. Extending to a total length of 4 miles (6 km), the rectangular brick-and-stone wall reaches 40 feet (12 meters) high and from a bird’s-eye view resembles a tortoise, considered a symbol of longevity in the Chinese zodiac.
Stroll the pedestrian-only streets to the south gate, which forms the head of the tortoise (the north gate — the lowest part of the city— is the tail). Your guide may point out some of the 72 watchtowers atop the City Wall, as well as other city landmarks, before continuing to the Temple of Confucius, built in honor of the ancient philosopher. Once you tour the huge complex, enjoy free time to discover the city on your own (map provided) before your guide returns you to your hotel.
Perhaps explore the long-established Ming-Qing Street, flourishing with shops and eateries. Browse establishments such as tea shops, medicine shops and stores selling general merchandise along the atmospheric avenue. Marvel at the ancient architecture, including the yamen, or county government office, a pavilion where most of the city’s business has been conducted since the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644).
Your guide can recommend local restaurants where you can purchase your own lunch and dinner.
Overnight: 4-star hotel in Pingyao
Day 2: Pingyao – Xi’an (B)Enjoy a hotel breakfast followed by a 1-hour Chinese calligraphy class at the house of a master calligrapher located within the city. After practicing this ancient art form during your private lesson, you have more time to explore Pingyao Ancient Town.
After a restaurant lunch (own expense), you’re driven to Shuanglin Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site widely regarded as a center for the study and appreciation of Chinese art. Inside, your guide brings your attention to more than 2,000 exquisite sculptures made of clay layered over wooden frameworks and then painted.
Consider the skills of the artisans of the Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties and explore the 10 halls, including the Heavenly Kings’ Hall, where you’ll find vivid, lifelike sculptures of the four Heavenly Kings and eight bodhisattvas. The Sakyamuni Hall and the Bodhisattva Hall are other must-sees at Shuanglin Temple; the sculpture of the 1,000-hand Guanyin is especially renowned.
In the afternoon, you’re driven back to Pingyao and dropped off at the railway station for the return trip to Xi’an, where a driver awaits your arrival and takes you to your hotel.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Passport information will be required in order to book train tickets
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 2-Day Highlights Xi'an Tour: Terracotta Warriors and City Sightseeing
- Xi'an Huashan Mountain Adventure Day Tour
- Terracotta Warriors and Banpo Museum Bus Tour from Xi'an
- Private Tour: Old Xi'an Day Tour of Terracotta Warriors and Huaqing Hot Springs
- Xi'an Terracotta Warriors Bus Day Tour
- Xi'an Private Tour: Terracotta Warriors and Big Wild Goose Pagoda Day Tour
- 2-Day Classic Xi'an Tour: Terracotta Warriors and Downtown Sightseeing
- One-Day Essential Xi'an Tour