2-Day Private Tour: Kochi City Tour Including Kathakali Dance Show And Chinese Fishing Net
OverviewBook this overnight tour and discover the historical city of Kochi by visiting some of the most famous churches, synagogues and museums in the city. As a gateway to Kerala, Kochi is situated on the south-west coast of the India. The city was the first European settlement in India. Its unique location between blue waters of the Arabian Sea and Keralas emerald backwaters and its rich medley of Indian as well as foreign architecture make Kochi a special city for visitors around the world.
- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
- Get inside tips from a local
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
Know More about this tourAs a gateway to Kerala, Kochi is situated on the south-west coast of the India and was the first European settlement in the country. Its unique location between the blue waters of the Arabian Sea and Keralas emerald backwaters, combined with its rich medley of Indian andforeign architecture, make Kochi a special place to visit.
Day 1 Kochi (D)
Upon arrival at Cochin International Airport or Ernakulam Railway station, or your hotel in Kochi, you will be picked up by your driver, usually around 2:00 pm. Check-in to the hotel in Kochi and take some time to freshen up and and relax before heading out to the Kathakali Dance Show. Kathakali is a classical dance form originated in Kerala and an important cultural tradition. After dance show you will be dropped back at the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2 Kochi (B)
In the morning, enjoy breakfast at the hotel. After check-out your guide and driver will pick up you at the lobby at 9:30 am and take you on a tour of Kochi. Visit the Jewish Synagogue, St Francis Church, Dutch Palace, Indo-Portuguese Museum and Chinese Fishing Nets. The Jewish Synagogue is the oldest synagogue in India, built in 1568, and is decorated with Chinese tiles and Belgian chandeliers. St. Francis Church is the first European church of India, dedicated to St. Anthony. The Dutch Palace was built by the Portuguese in 1557 as a gift to the Raja of Cochin. It is a two-story building around a central courtyard with numerous temples. It is also known as Mattancherry palace. The Indo-Portuguese Museum was established by Dr. Joseph Kureethra to protect the rich heritage of Portuguese influence on the city. Your guide will tell you more about all of these attractions.
Finally, visit thefamous Chinese Fishing Nets, which are set up on teak wood and bamboo poles. These were introduced by Chinese explorer Zheng He and have become a major tourist attraction. After completing your city tour around 1:30 pm, your driver will drop you off at Cochin International Airport, Ernakulam Railway station, or your hotel in Kochi.
Inclusions for 2-Day Private Tour: Kochi City Tour Including Kathakali Dance Show And Chinese Fishing Net
- Overnight accommodation in good 4 star "Keys Hotel" or Similar
- Hotel/Airport/Railway station pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Kathakali dance show ticket
- Local guide
- Transport by private air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for 2-Day Private Tour: Kochi City Tour Including Kathakali Dance Show And Chinese Fishing Net
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Group discount is available
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 6-Night Private Kerala Tour from Kochi
- Private Departure Transfer: Kochi City Hotels to Kochi's Cochin International Airport
- Full-Day Guided City Tour of Kochi
- Private Tour: Kochi City Tour and Kathakali Dance Show including Dinner
- Private Tour: Kochi City Tour of Churches, Chinese Fishing Net and Museum