Day 1: BUCHAREST CONSTANTA MURIGHIOL
Pick up from your hotel at 07:30 AM and drive to Constanta, the oldest city on the Romanian territory (657 BC). In the area, a Greek colony was founded called Tomis. Later on, the Greek settlements have been conquered by the Romans and renamed Constantiana, after the sister of the Roman Emperor Constantin the Great during the Byzantine Empire. In the Medieval Period, Constanta became a Genoese trading port. Nowadays Constanta became the largest commercial port on the Black Sea.
- The Museum of History & Archeology
- The Roman Edifice with mosaic (the largest mosaic from Roman Empire times), - Statue representing the famous poet Publius Ovidius Naso
- Muslim Mosque built by the first king of Romania, Carol Ist as a homage to the local Muslim community (going up in the Minaret Tower you can have a splendid panoramic view of the whole city of Constanta
- The Orthodox Cathedral dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul (monument of Byzantine architectural style)
- The Aquarium Constanta, the first public aquarium in Romania, and the Genoese lighthouse first built in the 13th century, and rebuilt in the present shape in 1858-1860.
*Lunch in Constanta followed by drive crossing the mountains of Dobrogea, the oldest mountains of Romania. Accommodation in Murighiol, a traditional fishing village. Enjoy fresh cooked fish and seafood meals, watch the sunset and the fishermen boats going about their busy days.
Accommodations are in charming family run guest houses and pensions offering a warm and personal comfort. Enjoy traditional Romanian meals that will satisfy tour taste buds in every way. This amazing exploration and bird watching experience is one not to be missed!
Day 2: MURIGHIOL TULCEA BUCHAREST
On this day, you will go deeper into the Danube Delta during a tour by boat, the main attraction of the day.
Danube Delta is unique in Europe. Here there are 327 species of birds, 133 species of fish and typical vegetation of wetlands. Thanks to all these natural riches, The Danube Delta was classified as part of UNESCO world heritage in 1991. During the tour boat you will see one of the most beautiful places in Europe, including outstanding and typical landscapes (water lands) and many birds as pelicans, cormorants, egrets, herons, swans, etc.
After the boat tour, drive to TULCEA. This city is known as The gate of the Danube Delta. Being located on the site of seven hills, the Greek ancient name was Aegyssus, dating from the 8th century B.C. and later conquered by the Roman Empire. After a walk on the promenade of the harbor, you will have lunch, followed by drive to Bucharest.
Drop off at your hotel and end of the tour.