2-Day Private Yilan Trip From Taipei
OverviewExperience the scenic farms, rustic walking paths and folk culture of Yilan, one of the most breathtaking regions outside Taipei. Set against the backdrop of the Pacific Ocean, enchanting Yilan offers a wealth of natural resources, including lakes, rivers, waterfalls and hot springs. Your 2-day trip with an informative private guide includes overnight accommodation at Yilan Traditional Art Villa a modern bed and breakfast in idyllic surroundings located near Jiaoxi Hot Spring (operates fall and winter) and the National Center for Traditional Arts.
- All entrance fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Led by a local guide
- Multi-Day Trip
- Lunch included
- Breakfast included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourNatural beauty surrounds you in Yilan during your 2-day trip, including round-trip transport by private vehicle and the complete attention of your knowledgeable guide. Enjoy cozy accommodations during your overnight stay with double-red room. Bikes are available for guests to use on their own to cycle along neighboring rice fields.
Inclusions for 2-Day Private Yilan Trip From Taipei
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Whiskey and honey sampling
- 1-night accommodation in a double-bed room
Exclusions for 2-Day Private Yilan Trip From Taipei
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hot springs (fall and winter only)
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:Day 1: Taipei – Yilan (L, D)After morning pickup by minivan from your hotel, your private guide transports you to Yilan, located less than one hour south of Taipei in the central Lanyang Plain. Relax during the drive along the lengthy Hsuehshan Tunnel, and then take in the mountainous landscape and verdant countryside of Taiwan's northeast coast.
Your first stop in this enchanting agricultural region is a bee farm. Learn about the relationship between these important insects and the plants they pollinate as farmers show what it’s like to raise bees. You even get to sample the delicious local honey!
Enjoy an entirely different taste at Kavalan distillery, the first whiskey producer in Taiwan and the three-time winner of a world-class competition. Tour the farm, which grows wheat used in the whiskey, stopping along the way for some lovely photo ops. As you sample whiskey, learn about the distillation process, which draws water from fresh mountain springs, imparting a smooth and silky texture to the drink.
For lunch, head to the BaJia Fish Farm, where natural spring water cultivates flavorful sweetfish (or, ayu). This tender salmonlike fish — typically salt-roasted or fried along with caviar — is a must-try local delicacy for seafood fans. Dine in style inside a beautiful garden complex with outstanding views. Around 2,000 egrets and night herons, in addition to teals and common cranes, inhabit the region throughout the year, making this a spectacular spot for bird watching.
Once you’ve had your fill of food and scenery, your guide outfits you with a bike to ride around Plum Blossom Lake (Meihua Lake). Follow the trail that circles the tranquil 49-acre (20-hectare) lake, bordered by green mountains on three sides. The path is flanked by cherry and willow trees. Ride past fellow cyclists and pedestrians to reach a suspension bridge that connects to a small island in the lake’s center.
Work up your appetite for another meal since dinner at Luodong Night Market is next! Your guide introduces you to tasty local dishes that may include salty rice macaroni, smoked duck, meat soups, tofu rolls, thick rice noodles, sausage-stuffed pork or tofu, and oyster omelets, among other cuisine.
Following dinner, you have the option to soak your weary muscles in a relaxing hot spring (available during autumn and winter only; own expense), or hop on a complimentary bike and cycle past nearby rice fields before retiring for the night at your comfortable guesthouse.
Overnight: double-bed room at a local family
Day 2: Yilan – Taipei (B, L)Around midmorning, after breakfast, your guide takes you to the Luodong Forest District, which comprises nine percent of the total forest area of Taiwan. Enjoy a laid-back hike along the circular Limen Shipan forest trail, passing the refreshing cascade of Shipan Waterfall as your guide points out riverside ferns and birds that inhabit the area.
A traditional kiln-roasted chicken is for lunch; if you'd like, receive a lesson on preparing this scrumptious Taiwanese dish. First, season the whole chicken with Oolong tea, Chinese pepper and fresh spring onion. Next, cool the chicken in cold water to preserve its texture. After placing the chicken into a kiln pre-heated with firewood, giving the chicken its delicate aroma, you’ll dress the chicken with the final touches. Sit back as your chicken cooks and enjoy some more Oolong tea while you’re waiting to eat.
In the late afternoon, your guide takes you to the National Center for Traditional Arts, which showcases how a traditional Taiwanese village operates and integrates into modern life. Bring your attention to examples of traditional grocery stores, folk arts, merchants, and eateries, all located in the Folk Arts Street shopping area. You’ll also see a traditional Chinese puppet show, spinning tops, how to make a ceramic glaze, fabric-dyeing demos, and a host of other traditional arts that offer insight into Taiwan’s past.
Your 2-day tour ends with private transport back to Taipei and drop-off at your hotel.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
The legal drinking age in Taiwan is 18. Travelers younger than 18 will not be allowed to participate in whiskey sampling
Hot spring option is not available during the summer
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Taipei City Highlight: Culture, Shopping and Foodie Tour All In One
- Private Tour: Sun Moon Lake Day Trip with Cruise and Bullet Train from Taipei
- Taipei Private Transfer: Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport to Keelung Cruise Port
- 5-Hour Thousand Island Lake and Pinglin Tea Plantation Scenery Tour
- 1-Day Cycling Tour: Daiyujue River Cycling Path and Pinglin Tea Industry Museum
- 1-Hour Body Relaxation Treatment Experience in Taipei