The tour begins with arrival transfer from the airport (international or domestic flight) or at the bus station.
You immediately start with a city tour visiting The Devil's Gate, the city center, El Rosario Church, Monseor Romero's Memorial, the Residential areas and the Zona Rosa.
Free time for lunch at a local food restaurant. During the afternoon your guide will take you to Boqueron National Park where you will admire the impressive San salvador Volcano.
At the end of the day we will take you back to the hotel. At evening an optional night tour is available.
Overnight: Colonia Escalon 3-star hotel.
On the second day you will learn about the past of the Maya of El Salvador visiting Joya de Ceren Archeological Park and San Andrs.
Joya de Cern was declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO and many compare it to Pompeii in Italy. It features an intact Maya community that was preserved under layers of volcanic ash and discover by accident in 1977. The village itself is large and connected with San Andrs.
In the park you will see three areas of the village now open to the public.
San Andrs served as the ancient, provincial capital in the Zapotitn Valley, recently, a tunnel has been excavated net to the main pyramid and visitors can see other layer from previous pyramids.
On one side of the park you will also see an indigo process plant built by Spaniers in the 16 century.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 2 Days
Departure Time :
Morning pick up from airports ( Ilopango or Monseñor Romero ), or Bus stations. , We will wait for you 70 min after your flight arrives ( we check real time arrivals )
Departure Details :
Monseñor Romero Airport, Ilopango Airport, Bus stations
Return Details :
The tour includes rond trip transfers from airports On second day tours departs and return to hotel
OverviewThe best program for a short visit to El Salvador, either if you come by airplane or by bus. The only requirement is to come as early as possible and leave on the last plane or bus so you can enjoy the most of El Salvador during your short stay. Hotel accommodation is at 3-star hotel at Colonia Escalon with continental breakfast included.
Know More about this tour
- Overnight accommodation at hotel terra bella or similar 4**** with breakfast included
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Airport or Bus station round trip transfers
- 2 person booked ( 2 bed room ), 3 person booked ( 3 bed room )
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You Might Also Like
- San Salvador Layover Tour: City Sightseeing and Joya de Cern
- Cerro Verde National Park Volcanoes and Lake Coatepeque from San Salvador
- San Salvador Layover Tour: City Sightseeing and El Boqueron National Park
- San Salvador Layover Tour: Mayan Route Including Joya de Cern
- Private Tour: San Salvador City Sightseeing
- Private Arrival Transfer: Monsenor scar Arnulfo Romero International Airport to San Salvador Hotels
- Santa Ana Volcano Hiking Tour from San Salvador
- El Boqueron National Park and San Salvador City Tour