2-Day San Salvador City BreakWrite a Review
From USD 290
OverviewThe best program for a short visit to El Salvador, either if you come by airplane or by bus. The only requirement is to come as early as possible and leave on the last plane or bus so you can enjoy the most of El Salvador during your short stay. Hotel accommodation is at 3-star hotel at Colonia Escalon with continental breakfast included.
Know More about this tourDay 1:
The tour begins with arrival transfer from the airport (international or domestic flight) or at the bus station.
You immediately start with a city tour visiting The Devil's Gate, the city center, El Rosario Church, Monseñor Romero's Memorial, the Residential areas and the Zona Rosa.
Free time for lunch at a local food restaurant. During the afternoon your guide will take you to Boqueron National Park where you will admire the impressive San Salvador Volcano.
At the end of the day we will take you back to the hotel. At evening an optional night tour is available.
Overnight: Colonia Escalon 3-star hotel.
On the second day you will learn about the past of the Maya of El Salvador visiting Joya de Ceren Archeological Park and San Andrés.
Joya de Cerén was declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO and many compare it to Pompeii in Italy. It features an intact Maya community that was preserved under layers of volcanic ash and discover by accident in 1977. The village itself is large and connected with San Andrés.
In the park you will see three areas of the village now open to the public.
San Andrés served as the ancient, provincial capital in the Zapotitán Valley, recently, a tunnel has been excavated net to the main pyramid and visitors can see other layer from previous pyramids.
On one side of the park you will also see an indigo process plant built by Spaniers in the 16 century.
Inclusions for 2-Day San Salvador City Break
- Overnight accommodation
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
Exclusions for 2-Day San Salvador City Break
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.