2-Day Tour From Kusadasi To Istanbul: Troy, Gallipoli And Pergamum
OverviewExplore Gallipoli, Troy and Pergamum on a 2-day tour that starts in Kusadasi and finishes in Istanbul! Combining ancient Greek, mythological and World War I history, this 2-day tour is an ideal experience for lovers of history and Turkey alike. Learn about the ancient medical center, Pergamum Asclepion; visit the Trojan Horse in the legend-steeped town of Troy; and tour WWI battlefields and memorial sites like ANZAC Cove around the Gallipoli peninsula. Overnight accommodation and select meals are also included in a 4-star anakkale hotel.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Get inside tips from a local
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
Know More about this tourDay 1: Kusadasi Pergamum Troy anakkale (L, D)
Start your tour with pickup from your Kusadasi hotel, and then relax on the journey north to Pergamum, one of Turkeys most prominent ancient Greek cities. After roughly 2.5 hours on the road, chatting with your guide about Turkeys history, hop out of your coach to visit Pergamums magnificent Asclepion. An ancient medical center, the site grew from offering holistic therapies (sunbathing or herb eating were common prescriptions) into a groundbreaking medical school the work of which contributed to the basic principles of Western medicine.
After exploring the Asclepion, enjoy lunch in town, and then travel to nearby Troy. One of the worlds most famous archeological sites, Troy was developed as a series of settlements, and enjoyed stints as a Bronze Age dwelling and a Byzantine town before falling into a state of ruin. Learn of its links to the Trojan War the Greek mythological story of the Trojan prince (Paris) who ran away with Zeus daughter (Helen) and sparked a 10-year battle while visiting the Trojan Horse. The impressive wooden sculpture serves as a symbol for the town, and your guide will make sure you have some free time to take close-up photos.
In the late afternoon, travel onward to anakkale where your overnight accommodation and dinner awaits.
Overnight: 4-star Kolin Hotel or Helen Hotel in anakkale
Day 2: anakkale Gallipoli Istanbul (B)
Savor breakfast before leaving anakkale for the battlefields of Gallipoli, a short distance away. As you travel, listen to your guide give background on the historical site where one of the most bloody and lengthy campaigns of WWI was waged. On April 25, 1915, the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) followed Allied orders to mount an attack on Constantinople. The attack was met with fierce resistance from the Ottoman Turks and the campaign dragged out for more than half a year, with thousands of fatalities.
On a walking tour, learn about the key battles that took place and see several poignant memorials that are visited by countless nations. Wander to Australias main memorial site at Lone Pine and explore the trenches of the Nek while hearing about the troops that stormed the surrounding woodland. See Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial, pay your respects to fallen soldiers at ANZAC Cove, and see exhibits relating to the battles at Kabatepe Museum.
Following free time for lunch, leave Gallipoli in the late afternoon and start your journey to Istanbul, crossing the Dardanelles Strait. After roughly four hours on the road including a dinner stop (own expense) finish your 2-day tour in the late evening with drop-off at your central Istanbul hotel.
Inclusions for 2-Day Tour From Kusadasi To Istanbul: Troy, Gallipoli And Pergamum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Overnight accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
Exclusions for 2-Day Tour From Kusadasi To Istanbul: Troy, Gallipoli And Pergamum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Please note: You must contact your local service provider 24 hours prior to the tour to reconfirm your departure point and time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Pamukkale Day Trip from Kusadasi: Travertines and Hierapolis
- Private Sirince Tour From Kusadasi Port
- Kusadasi Port to Priene, Stone Houses of Doganbey Village and Ephesus with Lunch in Karine
- Kusadasi Shore Excursion Private Guide and AC Transportation
- Ephesus Tour From Kusadasi Cruise Port
- Private Ephesus Full Day Tour from Kusadasi or Selcuk