2-Day Tour Of Medieval Transylvania - Bucharest
OverviewThe 2-Day Tour of Medieval Transylvania will take you on a journey through Romanias most famous fortresses, landmarks and medieval cities.
- Excellent value for money
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Multi-Day Trip
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourStart the tour by visiting the town and mountain resort of Sinaia, home to the Peles Castle, one of the best-preserved royal palaces in Europe. Explore Bran Village and Bran Castle (Draculas Castle), whose striking hilltop appearance is the foundation to many myths and legends in Romania. Bran Castle was restored under the supervision of architect Karel Liman, who converted it into a beautiful summer residence.
Discover the charming medieval town of Brasov, whose walls, towers and buildings still look as they did back in the 13th century. Spend the night in the heart of the charming medieval city of Sighisoara.
The next day of the tour you will have the unique opportunity to explore the Old Town of Sighisoara. Visit the Clock Tower, theChurch on the Hill and Dracula`s house where Vlad Tepes was born in 1431. Next stop is a visit to the Biertan Village - an UNESCO Heritage site and one of the first German settlements in Transylvania. The fortified church of Biertan, was built by the German peasants in Transylvania and was used for nearly 300 years as the residence of the Transylvanian Archbishop.
Continue the Tour of Medieval Transylvania by heading to Sibiu, one of the most important fortified towns in Transylvania. Visit the Old Town and it's Big Square, Small Square, the Ursuline Church, the Franciscan Church, the Staircase Tower, the Tanners Tower, the Liars Bridge , the House of the Butchers Guild and last but not least the amazing Brukenthal National Museum.
Conclude the tour by crossing the breathtaking Olt River Valley as you make your way back to Bucharest.
Inclusions for 2-Day Tour Of Medieval Transylvania
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for 2-Day Tour Of Medieval Transylvania
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Itinerary:Day 1: Bucharest - Sinaia - Bran - Brasov - Sighisoara
- Experience scenic views on the Carpathian Mountains
- Visit Peles Castle in the charming town and mountain resort of Sinaia
- Explore Bran Village and Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Discover the Medieval Town of Brasov
- Spend the night in the heart of the charming medieval city of Sighisoara
Day 2: Sighisoara - Biertan - Sibiu - Bucharest
- Explore landmarks in the town of Sighisoara such as the Clock Tower and Dracula's house
- Visit Biertan Village - an UNESCO Heritage site
- Discover Sibiu, one of the most important fortified towns in Transylvania
- Cross the Olt River Valley on your way back to Bucharest
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Discover Dracula's Tomb and Mogosoaia Palace - Private Tour outside Bucharest
- 2-Day Halloween Party in Sighisoara Citadel from Bucharest
- 2-Day Halloween Tour with Halloween Party at the Bran Castle from Bucharest
- 6-Day Romania Adventure Tour from Bucharest: Peles Castle, Bran Castle, Horse Riding, Off-Roading and River-Rafting
- Transylvania and Dracula Castle Full-Day Tour
- Full-Day Royal Castles and Champagne Tasting Tour from Bucharest
- Private Day Trip to Dracula's Castle from Bucharest
- Three Castles in Transylvania Private Day Trip from Bucharest