2-Day Trip To Ometepe - Managua
OverviewThe Island of Ometepe, which lies on Lake Nicaragua, called a “freshwater sea” by the first Spanish conquistadors, is one of largest islands in the world. The name Ometepe, which derives from the nahault word “Ometepelt” (“two hills”), refers to the two imposing volcanoes that overlook the island, one active and the other dormant: Concepcion (1610 meters) and Maderas (1,394 meters).
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Breakfast included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourThe biological importance of the island has been recognized nationally and internationally.The Nicaraguan government has designated the area as an important biological reserve that restricts economic projects. Ometepe is also part of UNESCOs World Network of Biosphere Reserves after its nomination was approved unanimously at the XXII Session of the International Coordinating Council of the Man and the Biosphere Programme (MAB) of UNESCO. During your visit to Ometepe, you can enjoy hiking both volcanoes, cooling off in the fresh waters of Lake Nicaragua at Playa Santo Domingo, tasting gourmet coffee at Finca Magdalena or going for a bike ride along the small towns in the island.
During this tour you will be picked up at 7am and taken to San Jorge where you will embark on a ferry to Ometepe. All activities are included and you may choose which one you want to participate in. You will have a one-night accommodation with breakfast and lunch and will be accompanied by a bilingual guide the whole time.
Inclusions for 2-Day Trip To Ometepe
- 1-night accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for 2-Day Trip To Ometepe
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.