2-Day Troy And Gallipoli Tour From Istanbul
OverviewVisit Gallipoli and Troy, two historic Turkish sites, on a 2-day tour from Istanbul with 3-star hotel accommodation in central anakkale included! After traveling to the Gallipoli peninsula with a knowledgeable guide, tour the World War I battlefields and learn about the events and aftermath of April 25, 1915. Visit now-serene memorials such as Lone Pine, Chunuk Bair, Brighton Beach and Anzac Cove on a walking tour, and enjoy plenty of free time to see sights independently, too. The next day, visit the ancient city of Troy for a tour of its archeological site and the Trojan Horse while learning about the mythological Trojan War.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDay 1: Istanbul Gallipoli anakkale (L)
Leave central Istanbul, and then travel by coach to the battlefields of Gallipoli. Your pickup time is early, so, if youve not had breakfast, enjoy a quick food stop just after leaving the city (own expense).
After roughly four hours on the road, arrive at the historic site where one of the most brutal and lengthy campaigns of WWI was waged. On April 25, 1915, the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps followed Allied orders to mount an attack with the aim of capturing Constantinople. The attack was met with unprecedented resistance from the Ottoman Turks and the campaign dragged out for some eight months, with thousands of fatalities.
As you walk about the area, learn all about the key battles that took place and see several poignant memorials that are visited by people from all over the world. Visit Lone Pine Australias main memorial site and explore the trenches of the Nek while hearing about the troops that stormed the surrounding woodland.
See Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial, one of the rare sites that Allied troops captured for a short time, and pay your respects to fallen soldiers at ANZAC Cove where some of the most significant Gallipoli battles took place. Walk around Ari Burnu Cemetery where more than 200 servicemen are buried, and see other touching memorials including Brighton Beach, the Beach Cemetery and the trenches at Johnsons Jolly.
Your day at the site includes ample free time for independent sightseeing, plus lunch in a restaurant halfway through your tour. After exploring, travel to your hotel in central anakkale, and then spend your evening at leisure.
Overnight: 3-star Grand Anzac Hotel or Byk Truva Hotel in central anakkale
Day 2: anakkale Troy Istanbul (B, L)
Check out of your hotel after breakfast, we will be visiting Cimenlik Castle and Nusrat minelayer.
On a walking tour of the site, learn of Troys history and of its development as a series of settlements. Hear how it originated as a Bronze Age dwelling, and even a had stint as a Byzantine town before falling into a state of ruin. Troy is also famous for its links to the Trojan War, the Greek mythological story of the Trojan prince (Paris) who ran away with Zeus daughter (Helen) and sparked the 10-year battle. After exploring the ruins, visit the wooden Trojan Horse, which symbolizes the town, and enjoy free time to take photos at leisure.
Before starting your journey back to Istanbul, enjoy a break for lunch in a local restaurant, and then pass through the ancient city of Troy, roughly half an hour away. One of the worlds most famous archeological sites, Troy dates back around 4,000 years and is believed to be the city where the first contact between Anatolia (ancient Asia) and the Mediterranean region was made. Then, relax on the journey north, and finish with a hotel drop-off in central Istanbul in the late evening.
Inclusions for 2-Day Troy And Gallipoli Tour From Istanbul
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Overnight accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for 2-Day Troy And Gallipoli Tour From Istanbul
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Golden Horn of Istanbul Tour
- 7-Day Turkey Explorer Tour from Istanbul
- Istanbul Small Group City Tour: Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, St Sophia and Topkapi Palace
- 5-Day Aegean Tour from Istanbul: Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamum, Ephesus, Kusadasi, Pamukkale and Hierapolis
- Bosphorus Dinner and Show Cruise in Istanbul
- Private Day Trip from Istanbul to Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary