OverviewBoat ride in the Ganges at sunrise is one of the most romantic things you can do in Varanasi! You can also observe here the Hindu’s way of life on the bank of the river Ganges (Ghats). In Sarnath, you can experience the special place where Buddha chose to deliver his first sermon as well as Hindu ritual aarti performed at the Dashashwamedh Ghat.
- Exclusive to Viator
- Breakfast included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourWe will pick you up at the Airport or Railway Station and check in to hotel.
Sarnath: After lunch drive to Sarnath which is around 10 Km from Varanasi City. This is in Varanasi is the place where Buddha chose to deliver his first sermon in a DEER PARK. It makes Sarnath one of the most venerated Buddhist places. Besides Buddhism, Sarnath is also connected with Jainism. There are many Buddhist monuments and edifices at Sarnath.
Main attractions of Sarnath are: Archeological & Excavation Area [Sarnath, Deer park], Chaukhandi Stupa, Dhammek Stupa [Dhamekha Stupa], Dharmarajika Stupa, Mulagandhakuti Vihara, Ashoka Pillar [Ashokan Lion Pillar], Ashokan Lion-Capital [National Emblem of India] & Archeological Museum.
Evening Aarti: In the evening, experience the Hindu ritual Aarti. It is also spelled as arathi and in which light is offered to one or more deities. Aartis also refer to the songs sung in praise of the deity, when offering of lamps is being offered. Hindus in India worship the river Ganges as goddess. Every evening in Varanasi, aarti is performed at the Dashashwamedh ghat. We can watch it from the ghat or from the waterside in a boat. It is a beautiful, resonant, and majestic spectacle with a very precise choreography involving rituals performed by several priests with the sound of bells, drums, cymbals, and Sanskrit mantras.
Morning Boat ride: Start your next day with a morning boat ride at the dawn. Boating in the Ganges at the sunrise in Varanasi is one of the main attractions. We can observe Hindu’s way of life on the bank of the river Ganges (Ganga). There are number of temples on the bank of the Ganges River in Varanasi. It is at the Ganga Ghats [Banaras Ghat] where we can see life and death together. There are numbers of Ghat alongside Ganges river in Varanasi where you can see Hindu cremation too.. Some of the prominent and popular Ghats at Varanasi are the Dasaswamedh Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Harischandra Ghat, Assi Ghat,Shivala Ghat, Man Mandir Ghat, Darbhanga Ghat, Ahilyabai Ghat & Kedar Ghat.
After boat ride a small walk in to the oldest part of Varanasi which is famous for its narrow street. Visit Kashi Vishwnath temple area which is also known as Golden Temple [Opens for Hindu only]
Inclusions for 2-Day Varanasi Exclusive Tour
- 1 night accommodation at Hotel Gateway Taj, Radisson, Rivatas, Ramada Plaza JHV or a similar grade hotel on double occupancy basis
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Driver/local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for 2-Day Varanasi Exclusive Tour
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch & dinner
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.