OverviewVenture down south with this action-packed 2-day trip from Cape Town along the scenic Cape Whale Route offering some of the best land-based whale watching sites for the Southern Right Whales during breeding season and to ultimately reach the most Southern Tip of Africa at Cape Agulhas. Sample local wines paired with cheese and chocolate at estates in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek Winelands regions and learn about the local Xhosa culture with a guided walk through the vibrant township of Kayamandi. Spend the next day relaxing in Hermanus; penguin spotting and optional shark cage diving in Gansbaai!
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourDay 1: Cape Town - Stellenbosch - Franschhoek - Cape Aghulas
You'll be picked up in the morning by luxury minivan before entering wine country and the famous wine routes of Stellenbosch. Visit some of the popular wine estates that are scattered around the Western Cape towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Sample some of the country’s most acclaimed wines and ports, pairing them with locally produced cheeses and chocolate. In Franschhoek, you’ll have time to spend at leisure: its a perfect place for lunch in what many consider to be South Africa’s gourmet capital.
From Franschhoek, your tour continues back down to the coast to our overnight stop to Cape Agulhas. Visit the nearby stone marker at shore – indicating the most southern tip of Africa – a geographic extreme where the continent meets with the mighty Atlantic and Indian Oceans. A graveyard of ancient shipwrecks along this legendary 'Cape of Storms' is a reminder of many tragic and mysterious tales of failed expeditions.
Spend the night here at leisure, and your guide can show you the best spot to enjoy local meals.
Overnight in Cape Agulhas area at Cape Agulhas Backpackers or 3-star Mermaid Guesthouse or 4-star Agulhas Country Lodge
Day 2: Cape Aghulas - Hermanus - Bettys Bay - Cape Town (B)
Either rise at the crack of dawn to go shark cage diving (own expense) or if you’d prefer a 'drier' option, hop aboard an Eco Cruise as you set out to spot some of the Marine Big Five (own expense).
Or sleep a bit later and depart slightly later to visit the popular whale-watching town of Hermanus. If you choose to explore Hermanus, you’ll have more time here independently. Perhaps enjoy some land-based whale watching along the famous cliff footpaths. Whale season from approximately June to November.
If an adrenaline-pumping cage diving experience with sharks is more your thing, then you’ll set off by boat from the town of Gansbaai for a 1.5-hour cage dive with South Africa’s notorious great white sharks. All equipment is provided; just bring your bathing suit! After the dive, you'll also have some time to spot whales along the coast when collecting the group from Hermanus.
On the way back to Cape Town, you'll pass the famous Betty's Bay penguin reserve to get up close and personal with a colony of penguins in their natural habitat, before one final last stop at Clarence Drive viewpoint.
Arrive back in Cape Town between 5 to 8pm.
Inclusions for 2-Day Whale Coast And Winelands Guided Tour From Cape Town
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- 1 nights accommodation, as per selected
- Entrance fees to the penguin reserve in Betty's Bay
- Wine, port, cheese and chocolate tasting session
- 1x Breakfast
Exclusions for 2-Day Whale Coast And Winelands Guided Tour From Cape Town
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Shark cage diving (approximately R2000 per person)
- Eco Marine Big Five Cruise (approximately R1200 per person)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
According to availability at time of booking, accommodation will be in the mentioned hotel or in one of a similar standard and star rating
The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, overnight in Hermanus instead of Cape Agulhas
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.