2-Day Wildlife Observation At Tamshiyacu Reserve With Curassow Amazon Lodge - Iquitos
OverviewThis 2-day tour explores the Tamshiyacu Tahuayo Natural Reserve, one of the best spots in the Amazon rainforest tosuch as river dolphins, monkeys, sloths, birds, alligators, and more in their natural habitats. This tour GUARANTEES you will observe wildlife. Your English/Spanish speaking guide will take you into virgin jungle far from Iquitos, Peru. This all-inclusive tour combines nature and wildlife with a rooms at the jungleEcolodgewith facilities as private rooms, private bathrooms, 24-hourcold water shower,toilet and electricity provided by solar panels thatallows you to charge your cameras' batteries.Facilities are made in wood, according traditions of the jungle people.
Know More about this tourExplore the Tamshiyacu Tahuayo Communal Reserve, one of the best spots in the Amazon rainforest to observe wildlife. This tour takes you for one night into virgin jungle where you will go on nature hiking, fishing, canoeing, navigating the Amazon River, birdwatching, wildlife spotting as primates, river dolphins and alligators. This all-inclusive tour combines nature and wildlife with a comfortable rustic accommodation at Curassow Amazon Lodge.
9.30 Transfer from the airport or hotel to the port in Iquitos city. Navigation 3 1/2 hr. along the Amazon River. Arrive in Curassow Amazon Lodge. Accommodation in private bungalows.
Lunch. Exploration by boat to fish for piranha, observe birds, and the hotzin or shansho (Opisthocomus hoazin) a prehistoric-look bird.
Dinner. Excursions by boat to observe caiman, nocturnal birds, mammals, etc.
Exploration by boat and jungle trekking to observe medicinal plants.
Breakfast on the boat. Swim near the dolphins in the Amazon River. Observation of iguanas and the Victoria Regia water lily, the biggest aquatic plant in the world.
Lunch. Amazon River Navigation back to Iquitos city.
17.00 Arrival in Iquitos. Transfer from the port to airport or hotel.
Inclusions for 2-Day Wildlife Observation At Tamshiyacu Reserve With Curassow Amazon Lodge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (round-trip airport transfers)
- Activities focused on wildlife observation
- Bilingual, naturalist guide during tours (Spanish-English)
- Accommodation at the ecolodge in a private room with bathroom, running water and shower (no hot water available)
- Limited solar electricity available for lighting and to charge batteries of small appliances (just cameras, laptops and CPAP machines)
- Meals as per itinerary and vegetarian option available (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Unlimited water, tea and coffee
- Special rates at Emperador Terraza hotel, a small and affordable accommodation in the Main Square of Iquitos city (rooms with private bathroom, air conditioner or electric fan, hot shower and WiFi area)
- First aid kit
Exclusions for 2-Day Wildlife Observation At Tamshiyacu Reserve With Curassow Amazon Lodge
- Airfare and airport fees
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expenses.
- Tips/Gratuities for guide or staff (optional)
Itinerary:In order to start our tours on your arrival day, it is suggested to arrive in Iquitos before 11AM.
Transfer from the airport or hotel to private port in Iquitos city. Navigation 3 1/2 hr along the Amazon River.
Arrive in Curassow Amazon Lodge. Your accommodation is in private bungalows.
Exploration by boat to observe birds, monkeys and sloths in the wild.
In the afternoon, get ready to enjoy a beautiful sunset in a lake.
Observation of snakes, frogs, nocturnal monkeys, mammals, rodents, etc.
Early canoe excursions. This is the ideal time to hear the sound of different bird species.
Exploration by boat and jungle trekking to observe medicinal plants.
Excursion by boat and foot, fishing for piranhas and observation of the hoatzin or shansho (Opisthocomus hoazin) a prehistoric-look bird.
Excursions by boat to observe caiman, nocturnal birds, mammals, etc.
Breakfast on the boat.
Swim with the dolphins in the Amazon River.
Observation of iguanas and the Victoria Regia water lily, the biggest aquatic plant in the world.
Visit a village to observe handicrafts.
Amazon River Navigation back to Iquitos city.
Transfer from the port to airport or hotel.
6pm is the estimate arrival time in Iquitos.
What animals are easy to see during our Amazon jungle tours?
Curassow Amazon Lodge’s excursions aimed at observing animals in their natural habitat. We guarantee that traveler will observe wildlife due the lodge and operations are in deep jungle. Easiest animals we will observe in our jungle tours are sloths, monkeys species, birds, caiman/alligator, pink and gray river dolphins, piranhas, tarantulas and other spider species, snakes, among other. Also, we will be able to find useful and medicinal plants.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Curassow Amazon Lodge is located 100 km (62 mi) from Iquitos and is only accessible by the property's private transport. Travelers must arrive in Iquitos a day before of the starting day or before 8:30 am on the day of the tour. In case of a later arrival, a private boat transfer will be available for S/ 600 Peruvian Soles or USD 200 (one way). On the last day, please plan to fly out of Iquitos after 6:30 pm or the day after the trip. If you are flying out before, a private boat transfer will be available for S/ 600 Peruvian Soles or USD 200 (one way)
WHAT TO BRING
Long-sleeved cotton shirts of light colors (black attracts mosquitoes) and long pants
Socks for use with boots
Tennis shoes or sneakers
Sunglasses with UV protection
Mosquito repellent with DEET (only needed for outdoor excursions)
Camera with a plastic bag
A small backpack to carry insect repellent and water during excursions
Optional: Binoculars and a book (No mobile phone or Internet service near Curassow Amazon Lodge)
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Electricity is limited to charge batteries at Curassow Amazon Lodge and there is no hot water
Please, inform us if you have any allergies or special diet requirements (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc) at the time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Maximum number of people/children per room is 4
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR EACH TRAVELER
Passport number, nationality, age is required. Please, provide this information before the starting day
Flight in and out information (Airline, flight number and arrival/departure hours) is needed at time of booking
Shoe size (preferably European system) is needed at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 02 days amazon expedition in Pacaya Samiria national reserve
- 03 days tour Pacaya Samiria national reserve with Jungle Reps
- 4 days tour-Amazon for intrepids with Jungle Reps in Pacaya Samiria reserve
- 05 days of expedition in Pacaya Samiria with Jungle Reps
- Matses expedition with Jungle Reps
- Wonderful fauna iquitos tours
- Beln Half-Day Tour
- Beln La Venecia Loretana y su mercado