2 Days Private Datong Day Tour Of Yungang Grottoes-Huayan Monastery-Nine Dragon Screen-Hanging Monastery-Wooden Pagoda In Ying County
OverviewThis is a pure tour without any compulsory shopping stops. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site Yungang Grottoes, one of the four largest in China, and discover peaceful Huayan Monastery built in two minority-ruled dynasties-Liao and Jin. Admire the largest Nine Dragon Screen in the whole country. Pay a visit to the miraculous Hanging Monastery built 1400 years ago in the cliff and marvel at Wooden Pagoda in Ying County, the oldest and highest wooden pagoda built without nails.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
Day1. Yungang Grottoes, Huayan Monastery, Nine Dragon Screen
Picked up from your hotel/Airport/Railway Station, drive to Yungang Grottoes first. And on the way, listen to the tales and legendary stories of one of the four largest Grottoes in China. Take a battery car to the Grottoes upon arrival. Follow your guide to explore different stone carvings of Buddha statues built in three different phases, with the first phase of grand large Buddha statues, second phase of innovation period and the third phase with private patronage featuring smaller caves with smaller statues.
Then drive to Huayan Monastery. Take a guided walk through this special Buddhism temple consisted of two parts-upper part and lower part. Immerse yourself in the magnificent Buddhism wall paintings in the upper part and admire the great statues of Buddha of three periods: Past Buddha Dipamkara, Present Buddha Sakyamuni and Future Buddha Maitreya. Learn about the reason why this temple is facing east instead of south like other Buddhism temples in China.
Continue your exploration at Nine Dragon Screen, the largest one in China, even larger than the one in Forbidden City. You must be surprised and wondering why. Get oriented to admire the glazed colorful screen and you will get the answer from your guide. Transfer back to your hotel after this days trip.
Accommodation: Yungang Meigao Hotel, Datong (5Star)
Day2. Hanging Monastery, Wooden Pagoda in Ying County
After breakfast, picked up by your guide and drive to Hanging Monastery, the only existing Monastery built in honor of three Chinese traditional religions: Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism. Take a guided walk through the temple and discover how the wooden structure survived 1400 years in the cliff and find out why it is built into cliff which was a lot more difficult than simply built up on a mountain.
Get back to your car and head to another famous wooden structure - Wooden Pagoda in Ying County. With a total height of 67.3 meters, it is the oldest and highest fully wooden pagoda existent in China. Full use of traditional Chinese bracket arms of in total 54 kinds allows the ancient wooden construction to be built without a single nail and to survive many big earthquakes. Follow your guide to get inside the first floor of the pagoda and admire the 11 meter-high Buddha statue built in the same period.
Return to your hotel in Datong or transfer to Airport/Railway Station and your private 2-day tour concludes.
Inclusions for 2 Days Private Datong Day Tour Of Yungang Grottoes-Huayan Monastery-Nine Dragon Screen-Hanging Monastery-Wooden Pagoda In Ying County
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary
- 4 Star luxurious hotel
- Round trip battery car at Yungang Grottoes
- Land transfer with professional drivers
- Experienced & Professional English speaking guide
- Travel in air-conditioned vehicle
- Round trip transfer from Airport/Railway Station/Hotel
Exclusions for 2 Days Private Datong Day Tour Of Yungang Grottoes-Huayan Monastery-Nine Dragon Screen-Hanging Monastery-Wooden Pagoda In Ying County
- Transportations to/from Datong
- Gratuities to guides & drivers and any expenses of personal nature
- Travel insurance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a clean and clear tour itinerary with no compulsory shopping stops
Please provide us your name, passport number, and nationality (as shown on passport) when booking with us
Please apply for your China Visa before your tour begins
Please DO purchase the Travel Insurance before your trip to against any unforeseen circumstance
Note: The prices shown are not valid during China's Official Holidays (such as National Day - 01 to 07, Oct. Chinese Spring Festival - 15 Feb to 21 Feb, 2018, etc.).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 6Days Private Tour of Datong -Pingyao- Taiyuan
- Private Datong Day Tour of Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery with a Visit to Rural Village
- Private Datong Day Tour: Yungang Grottoes-Huayan Monastery-Nine Dragon Screen
- Private Datong Day Tour: Hanging Temple & Yungang Grottoes
- Private Day Tour to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Temple with Lunch from Datong
- Private Tour to Yungang Grottoes, Hanging Temple and Wooden Pagoda from Datong
- Private Botique Tour: Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery From Datong