2 Days Tour TOUR FATIMA - Muscat
OverviewBamah Sinkhole - Wadi Shab - Ras al Jinz - Sur - Wadi Tiwi - Qalhat
Know More about this tour
The tour departs Muscat in the morning towards Sur. After a photo stop at the Bamah sinkhole (swimming in the sinkhole lake is possible) and the long white Beach of Fins, we arrive in Wadi Shab. This Wadi is a enormous canyon gorge that is lined with
palm trees and impressive indications of what the power of the water coming down from the mountains can do in nature.
With a 45 minute hike up through the canyon Wadi, we arrive at one of several crystal clear water pools. Tourists can swim on through the warm waters from pool to pool. Eventually we come to the last pool where an opening among the enormous rocks allows us to swim into an incredible crevice cave with a small waterfall. Inside, the sunlight filters in from the outside, turning the water into a beautiful turquoise blue whilst water showers down one side of the cave from the wadi beyond.
The tour continues to Ras al Hadd. After check-in into our Hotel/Camp, we take you in the evening to the Turtle sanctuary in Ras Al Jinz. Here we will go on a guided beautiful walking tour on the beach at night under the stars, where we have a high chance of seeing Omans great sea turtles stumbling on to the beach to build a nest and lay their eggs. If you are lucky, you can even see baby turtles hatching from some nests.
Overnight in Ras al Hadd.
After breakfast, we continue on a sightseeing tour in Sur, one of the most important towns on the northern Omani cape. One of the last Omani shipyards is situated in Sur and visitors will be taken to see one of the small workshops where Omani traditional boats are still manufactured by hand. The unique scent of the wood being carved in the workshop stays with us as the tour heads back north to Wadi Tiwi. This Wadi is especially pretty with some small villages and the large banana plantation found here.
Leaving Tiwi, the tour makes a stop at the 16th Century tomb of Bibi Al Din, built by his wife, Bibi Mariam and the site of the ancient village Qalhat. This city was allegedly described by Marco Polo and also visited by the Moroccan traveller, Ibn Battuta in the second quarter of the fourteenth century, as in those times, Qalhat was one of the more important cities in Oman and had maritime control over Hormuz.
After a brief visit, the tour returns to Muscat.
- breakfast/dinner (depending on hotel)
- English speaking driver/car
- entrance fees
Inclusions for 2 Days Tour TOUR FATIMA
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Admission ticket
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle (Maximum capacity : Salon Car 3 seats / 4 X4 vehicles 6 seats )
- At Friday the fort close at 11:00 AM , so it is not always guarantee to visit it from inside in case of Friday trip .
- Extra supplement for Nizwa fort ticket : 15 USD per person
- Overnight accommodation
Exclusions for 2 Days Tour TOUR FATIMA
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide with Extra charge
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Nizwa fort close at 11:00 at Friday , so it is not always guarantee on Friday bookings to visit the fort from inside .
Extra supplement for Nizwa fort ticket : 15 USD per person
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Muscat Private Arrival Airport Transfer
- Muscat Private Departure Airport Transfer
- 2-Day Tour: Wadi Shab and Turtle Watching
- Muscat International Airport Plaza Premium Lounge
- Half-Day Dolphin Cruise from Muscat
- Private Day Tour: Wadi Al Abyadh by 4x4 from Muscat
- Private Day Tour: Bimah Sinkhole, Tiwi Beach, and Wadi Shab
- Full Day Wadi Bani and Snake Gorge Tour by 4x4