2-Hour Cycle Tour In Oxford
OverviewOxford is a beautiful city packed full of fascinating and historic architecture, spacious countryside, relaxing rivers and canals and has been (and continues to be) where many inspirational people have called home.You will be offered a unique guided cycle tour of Oxford, where you can see and experience so much more of Oxford and what it has to offer.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThe tour starts in the city centre exploring some of the fascinating dreaming spires, before escaping the hustle and bustle of the city centre into the surrounding countryside to ride in the un-touched Port Meadow alongside the River Thames, before getting a taste of the daily lives of past and present Oxonians.
The tour has 11 carefully selected designated stops, offering a good mixture of history, culture and hidden gems.
At each stop your friendly guides will share some insight into our historic city, allowing plenty of time for interaction and photographs.
Part 1 - Exploring the beautiful city of Oxford:
Visit the spot where the Oxford Martyrs last stood
Ride under the Bridge of Sighs
Look out for the wonderful grotesque gargoyles watching over you
Ride some of the oldest paths inside Oxford city walls
Ride to the meeting place of the famous literary group The Inklings
Part 2 - Slip away into the peaceful countryside:
Ride through historic Jericho
Visit the largest university press in the world; Oxford University Press
Ride through the historic Port Meadow
Ride along the River Thames, where Lewis Carroll began to spin the tale of Alices adventures in Wonderland
Visit the original burial place of the Henry IIs mistress - Rosamund the Fair
Ride along the historic Oxford Canal
Part 3 - The inspirational residents of Oxford:
Ride to the home of J.R.R. Tolkien
Visit Lady Margaret Hall where Benazir Bhutto studied and was elected as president of the Oxford Union
Ride past the University Parks and its cricket ground
See the distinctive college designed by William Butterfield
End the tour at Christopher Wrens Jewel in Oxfords architectural crown
Inclusions for 2-Hour Cycle Tour In Oxford
- Small-group tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for 2-Hour Cycle Tour In Oxford
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.