Set off on your adventure to discover Bologna? Bologna by bike is the perfect solution to immerse yourself into the great history of Bologna, the heart of Emilia. Your journey around the city exposes the beauty of the arcade-lined streets and the secrets of the medieval town along with a skilled guide, in an easy-to-ride city surrounded by prominent landmarks.
You will see the University of Bologna, the oldest university in the world, right next to the historic Piazza Maggiore. Traveling by bike to Giardini Margherita, you can enjoy the tranquility and flexibility of a two-wheeled tour.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Family friendly
- All necessary equipment included
- Led by a local guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide at the bike rental store, near the train station, and take off on an easy 10 km (6 miles) bike ride through historic Bologna.
Beginning with a look to the modern quarter of Manifattura delle Arti, now the focus of the hi-tech centre of the city, you will be guided around the history of the medieval harbour of Bologna with a focus on the importance of the subterranean canals in Bologna. Arrive at the Prendiparte Tower, an elegant and well preserved tower, to lead your imagination into the past.
The discovery of the ghetto will show the importance of the Jewish community in Bologna, and then a gaze to the two owers, the symbol of this city: Garisenda and Asinelli Towers.
Through the classic porticoes you will reach the main square, Piazza Maggiore. This airy, open space is lined with the city's most important buildings: Palazzo d'Accursio, the seat of the city council, the majestic San Petronio Basilica, the elegant Fountain of Neptune and the imposing Palazzo Re Enzo. Discover the Archiginnasio, seat of the University of Bologna, Europe's oldest university.
The bike tour continues to the beautiful romanesque façade of St. Dominic Church, built to contain the remains of the saint and house of the masterpiece Ark of St. Dominic, by Nicola Pisano, Niccolò dell'Arca, and a young Michelangelo.
A mandatory stop is at the Complex of Santo Stefano, seven religious buildings surprisingly interconnected whose origins go back to the dawn of Christianity.
To conclude the bike tour, you will look to one of the mystery of this amazing city: the canal to power the medieval mills for the production of the silk is still visible through a little window in Via Piella; the reason why Bologna is also called "a little Venice".
Inclusions for 2-Hour Historic Bike Tour Of Bologna
- Professional Art Historian guide
- Radio Guide
- 2 hours bike tour of Bologna with a specialized local guide
- Tour of the top attractions of Bologna in a few hours: the Two Towers, the main square Piazza Maggiore with the fascinating unfinished San Petronio Basilica, the Fountain of Neptune, the Complex of Santo Stefano, and then cycling until the Giardini Margherita.
- Hear interesting stories about Bologna’s rich history and culture from your knowledgeable guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Bike and helmet rental included
- Insurance included
Exclusions for 2-Hour Historic Bike Tour Of Bologna
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
The infant price is for a bike-seat attachment. There can only be one infant per bike. Please consider infant to adult ration when booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 15 people per booking
In case of slightly bad weather, the guide will provide raincoats for all customers. In case of really bad weather the tour will be transformed in a Walking tour or rescheduled for another day/time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.